Dating... anyone met anyone through here?

13»

Replies

• Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    im open to it, even have one i hope to meet. i think mfp is a great starting point, i dont use online dating sites simply because dating profiles usually have glamour shots, a bunch of generic about me sections, MFP is less guarded
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    im open to it, even have one i hope to meet. i think mfp is a great starting point, i dont use online dating sites simply because dating profiles usually have glamour shots, a bunch of generic about me sections, MFP is less guarded

Exactly what you said. Open to it.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    I haven't personally met anyone off here, although I do have some RL friends on here. That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Someone on here would understand the goals I have, the struggles I go through and possibly even help me reach my goals.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Considering that I'm married, no... though I have met one of my ex's from Plenty Of Fish (it was the only time i've ever used a site like that and I was only looking for a friend) and it was pretty serious for awhile. I ended up falling in love with him unexpectedly... So my point is, it's totally possible to meet someone on here. Or anywhere for that matter. :)
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    It does kind of seem like the only place to meet someone who might understand how neurotic I've become as a result of my endeavors to get into shape and stay that way...
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    It does kind of seem like the only place to meet someone who might understand how neurotic I've become as a result of my endeavors to get into shape and stay that way...

It might be nice to have someone around who doesn't look at me crazy when I am looking through the food mumbling about still having 300 calories. LOL
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    im waiting for someone to say yes we fell in love then decided to meet and they tried to strangle me. and there pictures were all lies! lol

I thought that was on Plenty of Fish...lol
  • heatherterp
    heatherterp Posts: 239
    recently there was a proposal on MFP it was sweet reading the story. Some would say a tacky way to propose, but this is how they met. Love can happen on line
  • dyskras
    dyskras Posts: 54
    I met my son's father online.

I went into a chat room for a company I had web hosting through and wanted to complain because something was broken. .He was the tech support that called me an idiot! (We were both wrong though on the problem. So) . Less then a year our son was born. Mwahahahaha. British guys are fun tho. Or I'm easy. NOT SURE!

Anyways I've met a lot of awesome people online - some I've ended up dating, most are friends. . You never know. I trust the internet more than a bar.

The only people that hit on me on this site are married guys :|
  • Hairista
    Hairista Posts: 86
    I know people who have, but I haven't. I don't see a problem with it! :)
  • MamaMia07
    MamaMia07 Posts: 14
    I met my soul mate on this site actually! We bonded over....cheese! It's magical! We are getting married at the end of next month♥

Congratulations <3 that's soo wonderful!!!!
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    saw this topic and of course it caught my attention...but from the looks of your profile picture I have to ask do you actually need to use this website for dating? You could probably attract any girl your age. especially the ones that workout/are adventurous.

LOL um perhaps if I didn't work so much! And thank you :)