Tired of being unhappy

Options
wedge421
wedge421 Posts: 224 Member
7 years ago I lost close to 100lbs, cut to today and I have gained back almost 70 of it. I graduated from college a few years ago and during that time due to stress and anxiety I developed a certain issue that I would rather not talk about at this point but needless to say it is unhealthy and doing nothing for me being the person I want to be. My goal of losing 60lbs at this points seems way off but im really hoping the MFP is the catalyst that can get me back on track and be the healthy person that I want and need to be for my son. Just want to thank everyone who I meet on here in advanced for all of your future help and understanding for this journey in front of me.

Replies

• camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Be strong and stay positive! You can do it!!! You are now part of a winning team!! Add me if you like :)
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Aww you can do it!! U've come to the right place. Feel free to add me if u like :)
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Wow...you've already accomplished so much in your young life. Don't be discouraged about gaining back--think of that time as your trial run and this time it's for real!

So many of us feel the same way you do. You are amongst friends.
  • keliana1
    keliana1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You lost 100lbs in the past? Amazing! That means that you can do it again. It may seem overwhelming, but just take it one step at a time and set small goals of 5lbs or so. Celebrate each achievement with a non-food reward such as a mani or pedi, bubble bath, time to read a book, or other fun activity. You can do it. Knowing that you've lost before gives me great hope that I can lose this time. MFP is new for me (10 days in) but I'm determined to try and have enlisted a girlfriend to do it with me. That helps! Good luck!!!!
  • wedge421
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone for the positive words. I think the flip side to this is that being a guy there is kind of a stigma atatched to this kind of dieting which makes it even harder to face things!
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone for the positive words. I think the flip side to this is that being a guy there is kind of a stigma atatched to this kind of dieting which makes it even harder to face things!

Remember--you're not dieting. You are making choices to be fit and healthy.
  • wedge421
    Options
    Thats a good way at looking at it!
  • wedge421
    Options
    The other issue I have is working 2nd shift. I get home around midnight and just want to eat!!
  • MotivatedMom2012
    Options
    7 years ago I lost close to 100lbs, cut to today and I have gained back almost 70 of it. I graduated from college a few years ago and during that time due to stress and anxiety I developed a certain issue that I would rather not talk about at this point but needless to say it is unhealthy and doing nothing for me being the person I want to be. My goal of losing 60lbs at this points seems way off but im really hoping the MFP is the catalyst that can get me back on track and be the healthy person that I want and need to be for my son. Just want to thank everyone who I meet on here in advanced for all of your future help and understanding for this journey in front of me.

First of all, Congratulations on losing 100 pounds. I don't care that it was 7 years ago. You did it once, you know you can do it :)

WHY do you want to be healthier? What is your motivation?

Write it down. You can even post a note on the fridge, mirror in the bathroom. Share your why with close friends and loved ones. This will motivate you and remind you of why you want to do this in the first place.

After having my two kids I am now 90 pounds heavier than before I had them (6 years ago). My goal isn't so much the weight. It's more about just living a healthier life. Eating healthier. Being more active. If the weight comes off great. If not, so what. At least I know I'm eating better and loving myself and putting myself first sometimes.

So try not to focus on the 60 pounds. I try to ignore the "10 pounds lost" when I log on LOL Focus on logging your meals. Tracking your calories, fat, iron, sugar, cholesterol, etc...pick the first 5 options for diary tracking, track it for a week or two. If you notice, ok so I do great on fat then you can change that to something else to track.

You can do it!!!

- Amanda
    Ontario, Canada
    Feel free to send a friend request if you'd like :)
  • wedge421
    Options

First of all, Congratulations on losing 100 pounds. I don't care that it was 7 years ago. You did it once, you know you can do it :)

WHY do you want to be healthier? What is your motivation?

Write it down. You can even post a note on the fridge, mirror in the bathroom. Share your why with close friends and loved ones. This will motivate you and remind you of why you want to do this in the first place.

After having my two kids I am now 90 pounds heavier than before I had them (6 years ago). My goal isn't so much the weight. It's more about just living a healthier life. Eating healthier. Being more active. If the weight comes off great. If not, so what. At least I know I'm eating better and loving myself and putting myself first sometimes.

So try not to focus on the 60 pounds. I try to ignore the "10 pounds lost" when I log on LOL Focus on logging your meals. Tracking your calories, fat, iron, sugar, cholesterol, etc...pick the first 5 options for diary tracking, track it for a week or two. If you notice, ok so I do great on fat then you can change that to something else to track.

You can do it!!!

- Amanda
    Ontario, Canada
    Feel free to send a friend request if you'd like :)

Thanks for the positive words Amanda. I think for me since im in a technical field of work I tend to focus on numbers and goals that I know can be met. I need to more or less shift that paradigm to something like you said where I am developing a lifestyle more so then just dieting. I sent a friend request over and I look forward to chatting with you more. Cheers