Life Changing Decision

Options
arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
I am sitting here, reading the newbies posts on their hopes and dreams. A little over a year ago I came upon this site and for the heck of it tried a pass code and it worked. I kinda remembered signing up, but I guess I wasn't serious because MFP wasn't used.

How can you change your life? One life changing decision after another.

NO one on here just woke up one day their ideal weight, or instantly 'got it'. Through small changes,like cutting out the Drive Thrus (my biggie), picking up some hand weights, walking a mile, taking the stairs and MAKING FRIENDS FOR SUPPORT HERE, we all have not only lost weight, but gained insight and new perspectives.

Please, if you are reading this and think it is just too hard, you can't see yourself losing the weight...........Look around...........join in on a thread and make a comment. Ask a question or send a friend request.

I can tell you this is the only thing I did different from the 10 zillion times before this.......I have support and encouragement from my MFP friends.

I look forward to meeting you!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie

Replies

• oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    thanks for that reminder Jennie

even the non-newbies need a little reminder at times that we need support and to keep going

• Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    So true!
    :bigsmile:
    When I'm needing an extra boost or just something to keep me out of the kitchen, I come here & read the success stories. I look at people's profiles - especially the ones who have lost a lot of weight & those who have been here a longer time. It reall helps me.
    :bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Great post Jeannie. Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I am sitting here, reading the newbies posts on their hopes and dreams. A little over a year ago I came upon this site and for the heck of it tried a pass code and it worked. I kinda remembered signing up, but I guess I wasn't serious because MFP wasn't used.

How can you change your life? One life changing decision after another.

NO one on here just woke up one day their ideal weight, or instantly 'got it'. Through small changes,like cutting out the Drive Thrus (my biggie), picking up some hand weights, walking a mile, taking the stairs and MAKING FRIENDS FOR SUPPORT HERE, we all have not only lost weight, but gained insight and new perspectives.

Please, if you are reading this and think it is just too hard, you can't see yourself losing the weight...........Look around...........join in on a thread and make a comment. Ask a question or send a friend request.

I can tell you this is the only thing I did different from the 10 zillion times before this.......I have support and encouragement from my MFP friends.

I look forward to meeting you!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie

You're sooo right Jeannie, as USUAL! :laugh:
    I forget, whenever I'm offering my welcome speech to the newbies, how important it is too that they should post comments. It really DOES help them love the site even more, and become just as addicted and as much a "loser" as the rest of us here are! :wink: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You are so correct and it is one step at the time and one learned thing at the time. We never quit learning new things from each other and ways to help ourselves as we go. God Bless, Brenda
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    What an awesome reminder .... thanks :flowerforyou:
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You are so correct and it is one step at the time and one learned thing at the time. We never quit learning new things from each other and ways to help ourselves as we go. God Bless, Brenda

Wow congrats on your transformation! You look fantastic. I saw a shirt today that said "Every journey begins with the first step."
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this... I needed to read it tonight. I was really on a roll during the week, then the weekend hit, and I totally drifted away from MFP. I'm glad to be back here tonight. :flowerforyou:

I have a challenge coming up this week - husband is going away for 4 days, and he is the cook in the house. I need to plan some healthy meals for myself and my girls so that I don't rely on take-out. Wish me luck! And thanks again!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Jeannie, sweetie you have inspired SO many of us on here. I remember reading your posts when I first came here and I thought, wow, she is so inspiring!! You still are dear and are an asset to all of us on here.

And for the new members, we have all been exactly where you are and I still struggle at times as I am sure many of us do. I still love to eat and sometimes on the weekends I go overboard, but I get right back on track the next day. (which is what I'll be doing tomorrow) A little too much cake and ice cream over the weekend, sweets are my vice! BUT the difference between now and then for me is I used to eat like that every day, now it is a TREAT and sometimes I find it doesn't taste nearly as good as it used to.

The support here is what keeps me going. Even though I am at maintenance, I don't go a single day without getting on here. :flowerforyou:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    so true! thank you for posting.
    One other thing that I have been thinking about, no matter if we have 10 pounds to lose , or 100+ pounds to lose, its our journey, and those pounds are just as important to the one that has the 10 or the one that has 100. I am seeing that now. I was talking to one lady at the gym that I admire everytime I see her cause she is so buff and I wanna be her when I am done :laugh: , but she is struggling so hard with her last 10 pounds, she feels the same thing I felt when it was 100 , we are all in this together I guess is what I am trying to say!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    You are all just amazing to me!

Tami, I thank you for bringing up the 100 vs 10 issue. I get the why are you still on a diet question now and I explain I am not on a diet at all, I am living a healthy lifestyle.

That last 10 are just as hard as the first 10. I am amazed at 130 pounds lost....girl you ROCK!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Jeannie, once again you post something that makes me stop and think.

I have totally changed my life and the way I think about food and this became very apparent to me this last week. My husband and I were in Las Vegas....city of buffets.... and of course we ate at them but we made much better choices than we would have in the past. In addition to that, we walked and hiked a lot and worked out at the hotel gym several times. This is not what I would have done in the past.

I came home 3.5 pounds up on October 9. This morning, not only had I lost that 3.5 lbs but another half pound as well.

Today is Thanksgiving in Canada and I am having all my family over for dinner. To compensate for the turkey dinner ( with tons of veggies) we are going to the gym this morning and working out hard. It's all about balance.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Good stuff, good reminder, thank you. :smile:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful thread. As I read it, and looked at the tickers, seeing the changes that people have made for themselves by doing just what Jeannie says - putting one foot in front of the other, one day at at time. Wow. I cried. :-) It's so wonderful - and so RARE to find a community like this. A community that is so diverse - we've got people from all over here, with all kinds of backgrounds and philosophies - yet we are all on this journey together - supporting one another in our successes and minor setbacks.

I am very proud to be with you guys - to have gotten to know you peripherally - through your posts and profiles. I look up to you all, you are my heroes. Thank you.

And new folks - we started out just like you guys. If we can do this - so can you. :)
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    You are all just amazing to me!

Tami, I thank you for bringing up the 100 vs 10 issue. I get the why are you still on a diet question now and I explain I am not on a diet at all, I am living a healthy lifestyle.

That last 10 are just as hard as the first 10. I am amazed at 130 pounds lost....girl you ROCK!!

Thank you! its 132 now, I hadnt updated from my weigh in this morning! :laugh: 43 to go!!!
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Well said Jeannie!!

Good job all!! :drinker:

The way I see it. this is my new lifestyle. Whenever people ask me how I did it and what diet I used I tell them I stared eating right and going to the gym everyday. I also tell them that I did not use a diet, rather a lifstyle change. It definitely took some time, about 7 years before I got to the point that I was ready to change, but now I am so happy that I did. And yes, those last 10 are the hardest, and take the longest to lose.

Good luck to you all, and Never say I can't do it, because You CAN!!! It just won't happen overnight.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Very true Jeannie! Thanks for the great post!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I started in September of 2007 at 270 lbs..and reached my goal weight of 135 this past January, the same week I found out I was pregnant....talk about a TEST!! ....BUT, I stayed healthy and fit and active and ate well throughout the entire pregnancy. I am now about 12 pounds away from my goal weight again...(post-preggo weight) but now that I am able to start working out well again, I hope it comes off! :bigsmile:

But, my point is that in the past, I never thought I could truly change my lifestyle and by keeping that lifestyle up while pregnant, I proved to myself that I DID change it....

And EVERYONE else can too!! TRUST ME!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:heart:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I was so lucky to have found this site. I love you guys!! :heart: :bigsmile:
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Great post!! If I didn't find this site, start logging my calories, reading all the success stories, the support and making small changes I would be 18lbs heavier right now (since June22)- I feel great!! :happy: People are even starting to notice. Bring on the next 20!!! I'm ready. Thank you everyone! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!