Do FAT BURNER supplements help?

Options
is anyone taking them? If YES, how has it helped you? Of course I know that there is no magic pill that can help you lose weight (and keep it off permanently) except for proper diet and rigid exercise.. But if fat burners do help and they're safe to take, then why not, right? Let me know if its any good :happy:

Replies

• GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My friend swears by ephedrine and caffeine pills, she has lost a lot of fat but she's also been in a calorie deficit so its probably more to do with that. She did buy me some a while a go so I might try them out to see if they improve results at all.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I would say NOOOOOOO. To lose fat you must do cardio and a lot of it. You will not lose weight around your belly by doing sit ups. High Intensity Interval Training is the best. Use GroupOn or Living Social, find a deal on a boot camp class and do a 6 or 8 week program, you will lose the weight!!
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    I've taken ASSAULT and another one. The only thing it has helped me with is having more energy. I haven't really seen a difference in the scale though from taking them and not taking them.
  • akaOtherWise
    akaOtherWise Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would say NOOOOOOO. To lose fat you must do cardio and a lot of it.

the first comment was true...but the second was false.

Calorie deficit = weight loss. Cardio can be supplemented in to help put you in that deficit but it's not needed.
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Im saying this with full sincerity and concern, PLEASE be careful with Ephedrine!! Ephedrine is SO dangerous and they do not tell you all the warning of it on the packages either. Its HIGHLY addictive and it totally screws up your insides. I speak from experience. I became hooked on them many yrs ago for about 6 yrs. It almost costs my life. It was so bad that whenever I fell asleep I was terrified I would not wake up BUT I could not stop taking them because my body refused to function without them:( Please please do not get on ephedrine. I thought they banned this drug in most states?? Seriously though, this drug is highly addictive to a level you cant even imagine and it kills. Just my personal experience and others if you research it on the web. If youd like more info on it, please message me and Ill tell you more about my battle with this drug and how hard it was to get off. Do what you want but just trying to warn you!!!

((HUGS))
    Carrie
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    is anyone taking them? If YES, how has it helped you? Of course I know that there is no magic pill that can help you lose weight (and keep it off permanently) except for proper diet and rigid exercise.. But if fat burners do help and they're safe to take, then why not, right? Let me know if its any good :happy:

Do be fair. If you drink caffeine rich drinks anyway, cook with hot spices, cinnamon and so on, eat enough lean sources of protein and watch your sugar intake, exercise a little more each week and keep yourself hydrated ..... you won't need any fat burners. They may work a little. But all most of them do is generate heat in your body. There are tons of other and most importantly cheaper ways of doing that. Don't waste your money!

And the majority of claims on the pill tubs are not backed up with sale agenda free scientific research.
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    From personal experience, if you are someone who has a hard time losing fat, they probably wont help you anyways. Nothing I've tried has worked EXCEPT HARD WORK AND LOWER CALORIES. I have had increased blood pressure and a racing heart rate while at work (in a hospital) and let me tell you it was SCARY. I'll never do that again. Being a nurse, my nurse friends warned me about the possibility of kidney and liver failure. I say don't chance it. It's not worth going into kidney failure or having permanent liver damage. I didn't listen and I think I could have been really hurt had I not stopped taking them. I'd rather be thicker than a snicker than be hooked up to a machine keeping me alive because I need a kidney transplant.
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    no

eta: if they really, truly worked, then we wouldn't have a weight problem in this country