Hello all!

Options
CarmenSRT
CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
My name is Carmen, I'm a 45 year old housewife and mother from Clarksville, TN.

New to MFP, but not new to weight loss. I've been as heavy as 284 and as low as 138. Lost 100 pounds or more more than once in my life. Recently found my "give a damn" again and I'm back on track. My Fitness Pal is one heck of a tool! I adore the smart phone UPC lookup - it absolutely rocks. :-) MFP has already shown me a couple of surprises - I don't get enough calcium and haven't once eaten the fat grams suggested. I'd have thought I ate too much fat. Apparently not.

The exercise piece of the equation I never lost, so I'm good there. It's nice to see allowed calories go up when I enter it as well. :-)

Replies

• MotivatedMom2012
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you! It's amazing that you've lost that much weight more than once. Why do you think it came back? (so that I can learn from that so I don't have to do this twice LOL) I have about 100 pounds to lose round a bout. I don't like to go by pounds myself though, I like to measure and keep track of inches I've lost and how my clothes feel. The scale can lie to you sometimes :)

I'm a work from home mom with two kids, Lily is 5 and Owen is 3. We live in Ontario, Canada. Feel free to send a friend request if you'd like. I like to have lots of friends on here so we can offer support and encouragement to each other :)
  • mystyoceans
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! So glad you are here and that you found your giveadamn!
  • kazoooo8
    kazoooo8 Posts: 71
    Options
    HI Carmen - I'm Kathleen in Oregon. Sent you a friend request!
  • CarmenSRT
    Options
    Hi MotivatedMom2. Good question! The answer isn't simple. If pressed to give one I'd say the main reason lies in sheer mental fatigue. I'm not one of those people who can just eat right (amounts of food mostly) automatically. My appetite has always been rather extreme. It isn't unusual for me to get hunger pangs after what ought to be a full reasonable amount of food. Every bit of food has to be questioned and mulled over in order to keep amounts in check. That gets mentally tiring after a long period of time.

The longest amount of time between bouts of morbid obesity for me was the 10 years I low carbed. It did the best job of allowing my appetite to function fairly normally. That being said, I'm not low carbing now. I'm using MFP to track a more common variety of foods and if I require tweaking I'll be able to see where. :smile:
  • CarmenSRT
    Options
    Thank you for the kind welcome, and "hello" to you Kathleen and Mystyoceans!
  • cowboysfan82288
    Options
    Good morning and welcome to MFP! My name is Mark. You'll find alot of support here. Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)