Blueberry almond smoothie! DELISH!!!

Options
SamanthaAnnM
SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
Since I've been home for the summer from school, my mom and I have been making this blueberry almond smoothie I found on pinterest, and it is AMAZING. It calls for 1.5 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 cup of blueberries, 1 to 1.5 of a banana (I don't like mine too banana-y so I usually only put 1 in there), and 1 tablespoon of almond butter (I use organic almond butter). Stick it in a blender and you have a great snack or even a small meal! I also add chia seeds for extra nutritional value and some ice to make it cold. It makes 2 servings and each serving is 200 calories, but it could stretch to three servings - usually my mom and I have some left over after we've had our big glass of it. It's really filling, and not overpoweringly sweet (but if you prefer sweeter smoothies, you could just add the sweetener of your choice). Enjoy!

Replies

• Earnyourbody
    Options
    Totally borrowing this recipe : )
  • Brent_J
    Brent_J Posts: 54
    Options
    Sweet. I've been on the lookout for more smoothie recepies ever since I got my Blendtec. Although I've never purchased almond milk or almond butter before. I'll have to check those out.
  • lynnmariestan1
    lynnmariestan1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk, banana, and strawberries, mango, blueberries, raspberries, any kind of berry you like. And I throw in ground flaxseed, and it doesnt change the flavor. I dont know why you would add almond butter though.
  • lika50
    lika50 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thanks for sharing!
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The great thing about smoothie recipes is you can change and make substitutions to anything! I personally love the taste of the blueberry and almond combo but you could add any fruit you'd like! And the almond butter adds more almond flavor and some creaminess. I highly recommend organic almond butter and unsweetened almond milk - they have become staples in my refrigerator!!!
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks, am definitely going to try this one.