Food and more Food

Options
I am trying something new....logging everything I eat drink and do. I live a pretty active lifestyle but I have bad habbits with eating. I dont eat enough. I am going back to school to get my degree while raising 2 kids and taking care of my husband and our home. I rarely eat breakfast or lunch even forcing a slimfast is tough. I eat light for dinner and I now my habbits are unhealthy but still 1200 calories a day seems like a lot of food when you never stop moving long enough to eat. So when I work out my diary says " you have earned_____ calories" like its a good thing. Do I have to eat that much?

I would love any ideas anyone has. I will try almost anything to get back into a healthy lifestyle.

:happy:

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Not everyone eats their earned calories. It may be best in the long run to try to at least hit your BMR especially if you are doing a lot of exercise. But try to make it to 1200 everyday regardless.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

Try quick calorie dense foods like nuts and cheeses if you can't make it to your goals

Oats cooked in the microwave with honey and walnuts = 400
    Peanut butter sandwich/ full fat yogurt with an apple = 300
    Dinner chicken or tuna with a dressing and veggies with olive oil = 300-400

Preparing foods like chicken before hand and freezing helps alot. I steam salmon with asparagus thrown on top in a pan and it doesn't take long at all (15 min). Dried fruits are easy to carry with you as are nuts and dry cereal.

Hope this helps some:flowerforyou: