How can I eat back so many calories?

Options
kali31337
kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
So far today I have eaten 607 calories and have exercised 554 of them which only nets me 53 calories for the day. I'm supposed to at least eat 1200...besides going to mcdonalds and ruining my hard work, how do I eat all of these back so late in the day? should i even try? I will probably have a healthy snack later but...that's a lot. My diary is open for anybody with some suggestions!

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,195 Member
    Options
    Nuts, peanut butter, avocado, or other calorie dense foods. For that matter, eating at McDonald's won't destroy all you hard work if you keep it within your calories.
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    On days you know you are going to burn lots of calories you should be eating more often thru out the day. Celery with peanut butter, almonds, protein bars ... that way you wont have to cram them in at the end of the day, which we all know isnt good for you.
  • jnicole90
    jnicole90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've had this same problem. Eat (healthy) foods that are high in calories. For example, peanut/almond butter, cook foods in olive oil, avocados, nuts, beans, if you eat oatmeal use low fat milk instead of water.. finding ways to add calories can be tough but there are ways to sneak them in.
  • kali31337
    Options
    Yeah i guess I should have eaten more before I went to the gym but I thought the cereal was enough...gotta plan better I suppose
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    First, I would beef up my breakfast in the AM. Cheerios and a 90 calorie brownie might be quick, but it really won't stick with you.
    How about a scrambled egg on a toasted english muffin instead?
    OR Peanut butter on toast?

Something to give you more protein and up your calories a little.

I agree with the other posters, nuts, peanut butter, avocado and really plan around your workouts so you don't have a huge deficit to try to make up at night. :)

Good luck to you! YOu can co this!
  • calitravelingal
    Options
    So as you have already been told and know, just plan a little more for the days you burn lots of calories. As for today, if it was me in the same boat.... Sonic, small carmel sunday with nuts (550 cal!) I'd treat myself today but plan better for tomorrow!
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Dont eat them Back Leave em I do!
  • kali31337
    Options
    First, I would beef up my breakfast in the AM. Cheerios and a 90 calorie brownie might be quick, but it really won't stick with you.
    How about a scrambled egg on a toasted english muffin instead?
    OR Peanut butter on toast?

Something to give you more protein and up your calories a little.

I agree with the other posters, nuts, peanut butter, avocado and really plan around your workouts so you don't have a huge deficit to try to make up at night. :)

Good luck to you! YOu can co this!

Thank you!!!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    increase fats. are you lactose intolerant? if not you can use whole milk for your cereal and shakes. peanut butter, olive oil. that sort of thing. or you can just go to mcdonald's. but personally i would rather go for BK.
  • kali31337
    Options

Really? Have you seen results from this? Everything i have been reading seems to contradict that. Great to hear another opinion!
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I would call it a treat day and splurge on something you love!
  • kksmyre
    kksmyre Posts: 4
    Options
    So that I am clear, when your daily calorie goal is 1200, despite how much you burn, you should still NET 1200 calories? I was under the impression that you don't want to eat more than 1200 cal, and whatever you burn takes away from that, and it was okay. If your net doesn't have to be 1200calories, then what is a healthy net?
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    On days you know you are going to burn lots of calories you should be eating more often thru out the day. Celery with peanut butter, almonds, protein bars ... that way you wont have to cram them in at the end of the day, which we all know isnt good for you.

Why isn't it good for you to eat the bulk of your calories at the end of the day? Do tell.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options

Really? Have you seen results from this? Everything i have been reading seems to contradict that. Great to hear another opinion!

I eat back every single calorie.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    So far today I have eaten 607 calories and have exercised 554 of them which only nets me 53 calories for the day. I'm supposed to at least eat 1200...besides going to mcdonalds and ruining my hard work, how do I eat all of these back so late in the day? should i even try? I will probably have a healthy snack later but...that's a lot. My diary is open for anybody with some suggestions!

I have roughly the same exercise routine and calorie limit. I end up eating all but roughly 100-200 calories back. Look at my diary.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

Netting 53 calories in a day is an incredibly dumb idea.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Just eat. It doesn't matter when you eat unless you have a medical condition that dicates otherwise. You're not eating nearly enough anyways. :)
  • kali31337
    Options
    I would call it a treat day and splurge on something you love!

Guess it might be an M&M ice cream day instead of that 80 calorie bar I have in the freezer...now just to find my shoes haha
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I am with those who suggested having a treat to at least eat back some of them.
    You have such a large number spare, you might as well enjoy it and plan better in future, getting in enough healthy calories earlier in the day.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    So that I am clear, when your daily calorie goal is 1200, despite how much you burn, you should still NET 1200 calories? I was under the impression that you don't want to eat more than 1200 cal, and whatever you burn takes away from that, and it was okay. If your net doesn't have to be 1200calories, then what is a healthy net?

no no no. you don't want to NET below 1200 (although most normal people will require nets of at least 1400, 1500, or more). 1200 is a bare minimum, not a maximum.