Rest between workouts

Options
I'm doing Jillian's workout DVDs. 30 days shred and BFBM. I just want to know is it ok if I take a big gap in the middle of both workouts? Like after doing 1 dvd, rest for like 30 minutes, then go on with another dvd? I tend to have jelly legs whenever I complete my workout.:blushing: So in order to regain my strength, I rest quite a bit. Will it affect my exercise effect or whatever you call it?:frown:

I'm also fasting, so my workout can only be done from 11pm till 2am (the period when I can drink and eat). I felt like 30D wasn't doing enough so that's why doing another dvd. Please give some advice on this.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You're already doing more than either program expects by doing both programs, I can't see where resting in between is a problem. Your heart rate is going to go down, but you're still doing two whole workouts. I can't help questioning the wisdom of doing two workout programs during your fast. I'm assuming you're fasting for Ramadam. You're already seriously cutting your calories during the fast, are you sure you're getting enough fuel and hydration during the limited sundown hours?
  • babychoose
    babychoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The reason why I'm doing 2 workouts is because I'm a bad eater when it comes to fasting. It's so hard to force myself to eat during fasting and the only way to make myself eat is to exercise. After exercise I swear, I can eat the whole meal, hence increase my calorie intakes. and I drink almost 2 litres when I exercise. If I didn't, I won't even drink 500 ml in a day. But I do let go one of the workout if I don't have the energy. Double workouts will only be when I'm in a mood. But I do make sure I do at least one workout per day.