Why can't I put myself out there?

Options
KarenAnnne
KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
I'm 46 years old and have a large network of friends and family. I am close to all, have no drama and just generally love the people around me. Then why am I a private person? I absolutely love MFP and want to shout from the roof top what a great website it is. But I hold back. I don't want my 5 sisters and mom to join. I don't want my best friend and exercise partner to know about it. I don't contribute to the round table discussion in the teachers lounge about MFP's hints for better health. I WANT IT TO BE MY SECRET!! I feel a little shallow about keeping it a secret but when I give input on MFP, I like to put it all out there. When I want to discuss a topic and I don't want to sensor myself because somebody I know "might" read it. Does anyone else feel that way?

So this is my seg way to the topic of FACEBOOK. Am I the last human being that is not "on" Facebook? I have avoided even as my kids were being raised (now 24, 22, 19). Although I did monitor it. I am completely computer literate and have a vast knowledge of the ins and outs of technology. I have a lot of out of town friends and relatives that I could keep current on, get the inside scoop, etc, but something stops me. My question is, does EVERYONE cave at some point? Once my "profile" is out there, can I somewhat keep my privacy?

Thoughts please:)