I hate my pic

Options
:sad: :sad:
My friend posted a pic on her facebook page with me in it. I look horrible. I have been feeling good about myself, because I have lost 30 lbs.. However, after seeing that picture I feel awful:sad: All of our friends are going to see the picture. I am not going to ask her to take it off. I don't want her to know that it bothers me. One positive thing about this is that it has sooooo motivated me to push myself to lose more weight!!

Replies

• novajamea
    Options
    When somebody did that to me I just posted a funny response to it under the photo. Like...wow...this should keep me on track. HAHA I found that laughing about it first helped take the potential embarrassment away as well as served as a reminder to me that I'm not quite where I want to be yet. : )
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I would post one of her that she wouldn't like. Then when she tells you to take it off you can tell her you will if she takes your pic off her site.:tongue:

I have a friend that has a ugly pic of me smiling really big & I hate it but the pic of her next to me is really good of her so I haven't said anything. At my age we are very happy to have a decent picture of us at any time.:wink:

Good Luck with that & congratulations on the weight loss! I can't wait to loose that amount. Good for you:glasses: :drinker:
  • zvezdica011
    Options
    I can understand you :sad: , I felt same way, but just erased pic without telling my friend, if you're tagged you can do it. :grumble:
    Also I like advice to make a funny comment! :smile:
    What's worse in my case people already might have seen it and in my country ALL women that I know are slim and I am huge there. :sick:
    Congrats on loosing all that extra weight!!! I envy you a little :ohwell: and hope I will do the same soon!
    Just focus on your goal!
    :flowerforyou: Good luck :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • laur89
    laur89 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. My bf took a bunch of pictures of my yesterday on my birthday and 1/2 of them turned out decent.. suprisingly... but 3 were really horrid and he posted 1 of them and then sent the other to my bffs. I've only lost 6 pounds so I've got a long way to go and yes in a way the horrid pics are a motivation to get far away from looking like u do, but it doesn't change the way u feel. Laughing like they said is the best thing to do or u can honestly tell her how u feel and she can just easily crop the picture so its just her and others can still see the pic that way
  • Charles1964
    Charles1964 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hate having my picture too.Seeing myself bigger in picture is a motivation for me to lose the weight.Hope one day to see a smaller me again
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I'm with you hun! Seeing myself in a photo is what got me motivated to lose weight
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    It is really hard to start feeling like you look good...well, because compared to 30 pounds ago, you do look good...but then you see the picture and realize that you really do have more to go.

Let it encourage, not discourage, you!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    If feel your pain. It is so rude to put pics up w/o asking permission. I made my sister take hers down. If I don't put pics of me up I don't expect others to put pics of me on their page. I really would tell her to take it down if I were you. If she is really your friend she will understand.