weekends kill me

20carrots
20carrots Posts: 279 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
When will I learn? I work so hard all week, lose 1-2 lbs and then they're back on by Monday. ALSO, according to MFP, even with the zany wkend eating my "5 weeks" number is always about -5 lbs and I have yet to see anything like that. In fact, I've just been hovering on either side of 150 for a month.

Any advice? What's super-depressing is that I realized I am +7 from when I STARTED MFP and I was unhappy then! (2.5 mos ago) Now I"d love to have just those 7 gone!!

Replies

• silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    I was really bad about completely slacking off on the weekends too. I was working out for MONTHS without my weight changing for the better because my weekends were so bad. What helps me is to plan ahead. I try to keep my eating the same as the rest of the week, but if I know something is coming up (like my daughter's birthday party this past weekend) I go ahead and look up the calories for what I plan on eating and then tweak the rest of the day so that I'm not going over.

Hope that helps a little :smile:
  • I agree. Weekends are killers. I hardly ever even track my calories on the weekends, (That is bad I know) If you come across something that gives you great success let me know. Good luck.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    I'm with you, Saturdays are ok b/c I take my daughter to the Farmer's Market and do all other shopping... and then Sunday comes and all hell breaks loose. I guess you just need to treat the weekend like any other day of the week... plan some sort of activity and still plan your meals out.
  • Celestia
    Celestia Posts: 106 Member
    I'm the say way, so I feel your frustrations. Try to work out extra to compensate for the extra calories you eat. Instead of heading to the cabines/fridge, try to go for a walk or call a friend for a bike ride. This weekend I went for a run, then swam extra laps in the pool because I knew i would be snacking on pop corn later that night.
    IMHO...Beating ourselves up for over doing it on weekends usually reinforces bad behaviors.

Hope that helps! :smile: Good luck! You're not alone...
This discussion has been closed.