pushups an crunches!

Options
omg! are your armpit muscles supposed to hurt the most when doing push ups, they even hurt the next day, but not my arm muscles although all my arm muscles burn when doing them! but never the next day except around my armpit bust area, and also whenever i do crunches my abs hurt while doing it but never the next day, maybe im not doing them right! ugh idk! input would be nice and i also need more new friends so feel free to add me!!!! :) 24 and 135lbs to lose!!! :)

Replies

• lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Push ups use a lot of chest muscles (pecs) which run from the outside of your shoulder to your sternum, which explains the chest muscle pain. Crunches are tricky, there hard to get right...do you go to a gym? Maybe one of the people there could help you?
  • inn0c3ntbbygrlx3
    Options
    no i have a gym in my basement so no need for a gym membership lol. but either way ill eventually get the abs hurting ive done it before im either not going up high enough or something ill get it! lol but thanks for the info! :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Soreness is not an indication of how hard you worked. Its ok if your abs don't hurt.

As for pushups - it works a number of muscles, some are weaker than others which is why some are sore and others aren't. Again, lack of soreness in the others doesn't mean you didn't work them.
  • inn0c3ntbbygrlx3
    Options
    thank you, i always thought if there was pain that was a good thing, guess i was wrong and was afraid i was doing it wrong and that i was doing it for nothing lol
  • Rayzback
    Rayzback Posts: 73
    Options
    Try some planks.
  • inn0c3ntbbygrlx3
    Options
    Try some planks.

do what?! lol what and how are those done? lol
  • Jjw1125
    Jjw1125 Posts: 17 Member
    Options