Am I eating enough?

Options
I am on a 1240 calorie/day goal after having plugged in my weight/weight loss goals into the different MFP calculators and such... I am also on a pretty good cardio routine burning anywhere from 300-700 calories a day. I eat pretty clean- lots of fruits and veggies, very little meat, very little processed food, so I am never hungry and can EASILY stay within the 1240 a day. Do I really need to shove extra calories down when I am not hungry? If so, any suggestions as to how to do that without compromising the way I eat? (same volume, maybe higher calories?)

Replies

• takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    First, I believe I am misunderstanding what you mean by "shov[ing] extra calories". I consider the additional calories I eat when I run as fuel for my body, something which is good for it, not something I deem to have a negative association.

After your cardio session, drink a recovery smoothie (or chocolate milk) in place of some water.
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    Eat at least some of the exercise calories back. Very easy to add calories very quickly:

Banana (large is about 110 cals)
    Peanut Butter (get all natural...~180 cals for 2 tbsp)
    Nuts...go unsalted...~130 cals for 1/4c or so...great to add to a salad or just grab a handful
    Cup of 1% Cottage Cheese is 180 cals

My favorite when I'm under my calories. 1 slice whole wheat bread (100 cals), 2 tbsp PB (180 cals) and 2 tbsp of all fruit jam 60 cals (such as Polander's). It's not a lot to eat but certainly packs in the calories and it's all good for you.