One year later 58 lbs down! 5'6" 245 - 187lbs

Options

Replies

• warezWally
    warezWally Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good job buddy... Inspirational, I hope I can achieve something similar!
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! What an inspiration you are!
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    WOW! congrats on your new life. very inspiring.

funny that you do yoga and then run on your off days. i'm the opposite, but to each his (her) own! congrats - you look great!
  • LucyFordxo
    LucyFordxo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    awwweee that picture of you with the purple hoodie hanging on your head is adorable.

WHAT a transformation!!!! Wooooowie :love:
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you are totally awesome!!!!
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful - great job!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats to you!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You dont even look like the same person. Congrats!
  • mrsrobinsonlauraj
    mrsrobinsonlauraj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Very impressive! You were given a chance to change and you took that first step and look where it took you! You are so fortunate to have been able to experience all that you have in your young life and you will always have a fantastic story of accomplishment to share!
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and inspirational! I'm hoping to have the same story as you!

My largest was about 240 and hoping to get to 190ish - looking to do it pretty much the same way as well! Meat and veggies all the way! :)

Edit: I'd also be curious how you got to the 18% body fat number. I'd guess you're quite a bit lower than that.
  • snuffmomma77
    snuffmomma77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and finding youself and your true happiness, you look awesome.. :)
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    OMG... I have to say, you look great!!! Honestly! Really cute! You also look very happy and healthy.

Thumbs up!!
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • ifyouwanttosingout
    Options
    Awesome job! Can see how much healthier you look & feel.
  • LeslieSJR
    LeslieSJR Posts: 64
    Options
    That's super inspiring...talk about making lifestyle changes!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    A year ago I weighed a whopping 245lbs. 30%+ bodyfat. 38 inch waist. Heavy breathing going up stairs! Unhappy, unhealthy. In a horrible relationship.

Jan 2011 I decided I wanted a change...I needed a drastic change.

I sold all my personal possessions. Got out of my relationship. Moved out of my apartment and traveled for months around the world. I took a vacation from myself, searched out my true happiness. I found love in every corner of the planet, took random little jobs, I had adventure, skateboarding in northern Africa, running around on beaches in Thailand, cliff jumping in Greece. I wanted more from my life, and I was out to take it. I felt worlds better about myself and finally felt a break from my troubles - thats when the weight loss started...

You are soooo my hero. :drinker: I have wanted to do something like this for years, but I don't have enough personal possessions of any value that I could sell to finance a trip like that. :cry:
  • Annitte
    Annitte Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do that! You look Great! I for one am Very proud of you! Can you be proud of someone you don't know? But yet I do feel very happy and delighted for you!!!
  • Byemma
    Byemma Posts: 55
    Options
    Wow, you look great!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!!! Great work!!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I loved that you did a real lifestyle change, and not just in your eating habits. I've always wanted to travel the world too. Great job, you look amazing and really happy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!