blood type diet!

Options
www.dadamo.com this is called the blood type diet it explains what you should and shouldnt do based on your blood type, im an A so it wants me to be a vegetarian! haha is this thing crazy!!! lol

Replies

• adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    well this A is a meat eater...I love a veggie sub from subway...but I gots to eat my meat too...lol
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, that would be terrible. What does it say about O positive????
  • Sharylyn
    Sharylyn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am type O, it says ,mostly meat. Also states type are usually more successful with low carb. I think it's true.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    There is no scientific evidence that the blood type diet has any merit.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    It's just a bunch of malarky. . . and I'm married a hunter so veg isn't happenin LOL
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I remember my parents reading that bbook back when I was in junior high shool (or someone else's version)- back in the mid 80s. My dad was all obssed for awhile. I thought it was silly back then, too.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I looked into this years ago - but like just about every other diet that tells you to restrict foods, it was really hard to stick to so I gave it up pretty quickly. I found the theory an interesting read, but I think there are lots of holes in it.

Eating moderate portions of regular food and exercising regularly has worked like a charm for me this time - it's no sexy "diet" but it works!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'd be curious to see what kinds of scientific studies are cited in that book to back it up
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My sister is obsessed with it, she follows it like a Bible. She's convinced the food that she's eliminated have helped her to feel better. She had digestive problems.

She convinced me to try it. I did. I'm type A...so the "no meat" route. It made me feel lousy and, sheesh, trying to plan meals around it would make my head spin!!! Not to mention that my husband is Type O, which makes him a meateater. Malarky, I tell ya!!!
  • ludgerclay
    ludgerclay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    There is no scientific evidence that the blood type diet has any merit.

There was no scientific evidence that germs existed until someone actually set out to study germs. Do you know if anyone has actually scientifically studied the blood type diet. If not, then there is no confirmation OR denial, right?
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I know folks who swear by this, but I think there are way too many more variables than just blood type to say its best to be a carnivore or vegetarian. I'm A+, was vegetarian for five years, and found it to be very easy. So, anecdotally (sp?) that would support the "Eat right for Your Type" theory. But I like meat and it's easier to get protein that way, and I haven't felt better or worse health-wise either way. Who knows. Maybe there's some validity to it. But I think taking only one thing like blood type into consideration is just too narrow a view.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    nope, not doing it.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    This is how one of my physical anthropology professors explained why the blood type diet is nonsense. Essentially, blood type is something that we would have absolutely no knowledge of if we hadn't developed a test for it. It has had no impact on diet for our entire evolution because we didn't know about it. For that reason, diet has never been affected by blood type; it has never been a part of natural selection. People have eaten what is available and diets vary around the world for that reason, but you find the ABO blood types everywhere. Groups that share a common ancestry and environment eat the exact same thing but have different blood types. If blood type were important for diet, you would find A blood in vegetarians and B blood in groups that eat primarily meat (for example, not sure what exactly is supposed to go with what type).

Evolution works by selecting for things that promote survival and against things that diminish the likelihood of survival. Blood type is simply not one of those things. We aren't aware of it and it doesn't seem to play a large part in our survival or lives generally; it's only important now that we've invented blood transfusions. There's simply no reason to believe that we would have developed a strong correlation between blood type and diet without any pressures to do so.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    It told me to stay away from alcohol with my blood type.

No