Really want to do this!

Options
Hi, all. New to the site. Had been using Sparkpeople, but just ordered a fitbit and am trying the integrated system.

I have tried to lose weight for forever but guess I'm just not properly motivated. I seem to be always hungry, no matter what and how much I eat. Though not significantly overweight, I'm just displeased with the way my body looks. Am also trying to make healthy changes to keep my numbers (blood test numbers) from going up. They are all borderline right now.

Would appreciate any friending for support, and would love ideas on reigning in eating. I'm positive that a good change in eating is they key,mbut I just can't seem to restrain myself when around something tempting.

How do you not give in to having a decadent/bad for you food just because it's there and available? And once you have one, how do you not have two? These are the two things I struggle with constantly!

Thanks so much!

Replies

• brooke_young08
    Options
    I know all about trying to stop at ONE delicious thing!! It helps to log everything here. I don't want my MFP friends to see me be a pig! Also, when I see it in writing, it makes me stop!

Ultimately, it comes down to YOU and your willingness to make a change. It's time for you to be healthy and happy with yourself!
  • deanna_bond
    deanna_bond Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi I think you should stick around. These people are great here and very supportive! I have been on here for a month. The best thing is you can scan your food throught the phone app when you are out! no guessing and tidious searching for the food when you have UPC symbol to scan. Plus the fact yu can go back and see you food pattern and make decisions on where to change. I do give in to bad food but you see youself changing little by little when you reallize what your eating. I will give you an expamle: thought mac n cheese wouldnt be too terrible till I found out its was 400 calories! shocked me won't eat it now. I try to walk to work now instead of drive the 2 miles are easy! I have a hard time losing also but i know now from putting notes in how i felt that day compard to what i was eating I am an emotinal eater and when I eat bad stuff is when I am upset at myself. Also on a good note I see what exercises are burning the most calories! It makes you feel good when you enter that in. Feel free to add me I gave you a request let's lose the weight together!
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    For me it helps to fill in my food diary before I start the day. I always take lunch to work with me, so I can already fill that in. Then you can see how many calories you have left for the day and you can fill them with snacks if you want.
    Good luck!
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with Brooke. Having my food log open to everyone is an incentive, but mainly it just came down to me being tired of the weight. It also helps if you have an exercise you love to do. I love riding my bike, so I know I can treat myself on days I burn over 1000 calories riding.
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hello! One of my favorite things is chocolate and I have a little bit almost everyday. I usually have dark chocolate too, because it's better for you than milk. I don't think it's negatively impacted my weight loss as I have lost 13.5 lbs since April! (Didn't have much to lose, maybe 15). I am also eating a lot more food than I used to, especially more protein (so I am feeling fuller) and fruit. I work out nearly everyday too! I log in daily, log all of my food & exercise, and am very supportive! Feel free to add me if you like and good luck!
  • trickrabbit
    Options
    I can completly relate. I am in very much the same boat, blood work climing, my body shape not what I would like, and have the bad habbit of eating in the middle of the night. I know it is hard to get past the eating because it is availible but you can get past it.
    Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    For me it helps to fill in my food diary before I start the day. I always take lunch to work with me, so I can already fill that in. Then you can see how many calories you have left for the day and you can fill them with snacks if you want.
    Good luck!

This system works well for me too.