Can I get some honest opinions?

Options
2»

Replies

• gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I know sugar is my downfall. Yup, before starting this I feel that I ate half my calories in sugar. It's been difficult but I find that hard. Even the sugar in fruit has made my jaw drop. 2 banana's puts me over my sugar allowance. I need to get better and saying no to the cake and icecream. We have birthdays every week in July in my family and this is my major downfall.

Sodium: I'm going to take a good hard look at this. I never thought. I really appreciate it. I never shake salt on things, ever. But it makes sense.

Can you really exercise too much? I'm not trying to be snarky, really. I am active by nature. I'm fat b/c although I was active I would eat 10x the calories I needed somedays.

The sodium is in processed food, not talking about shaking the salt on your food, it's the salt that is already in them
  • gatorginger
    Options
    I go over my sugars every day too as I eat fruit and yogurt so I don't think it's your sugars thats hurting you but more the sodium that comes from processed food
  • gatorginger
    Options
    Another thing I would suggest is always eat at least half of your exercise calories back
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    If your period is coming up, you could be retaining water for that reason.
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I think I'll start making small changes. First priority, decrease sugar and processed foods.

Oh and no period. I'm an ovarian cancer survivor ( diagnosed at 29) and am lucky in the fact that I only get one a couple times a year. By body is way out of wack. Part of the reason I need to lose weight is that I can finish my cancer treatment (complete removal of all reproductive organs, right ovary is gone). But with the extra weight, it means a more invasive surgery. That I really DON'T want. And on top of it, I want to wake up with energy and know that I'm setting a good example for my child.