Weight loss and clothing... annoying

Options
2»

Replies

• cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm there too! All my work pants are too big and look uber frumpy. I'm not to a point for buying new clothes yet. Lucky for me it's only my work clothes. I have so many jeans of so many sizes that I can wear jeans at any stage! But the work pants are killing me. I know it makes it noticeable that I've lost weight, but I also look like frump-zilla!!!!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by my clothing :laugh:
  • jenorozco79
    Options
    I also don't want to buy any clothes until I reach my goal weight...Luckily I'm fitting into a whole bunch of jeans I'd bought for my teen last yr. She didn't like them because they looked like mom jeans i.e., they aren't low waisted jeggings, so I've been using them in the interim. It's a great way to save money, see my progress, and not feel frumpy in too big clothes.
  • jenorozco79
    Options
    fantastic idea!
  • jessgarr27
    jessgarr27 Posts: 78
    Options
    I also don't want to buy any clothes until I reach my goal weight...Luckily I'm fitting into a whole bunch of jeans I'd bought for my teen last yr. She didn't like them because they looked like mom jeans i.e., they aren't low waisted jeggings, so I've been using them in the interim. It's a great way to save money, see my progress, and not feel frumpy in too big clothes.
    you have a teen ?? U look so young ;)))
    Im not sure whTlat size i wear anymore sucks cuz im stuck in between like you all skinny girl jeans dont fit but big girl jeans way to big .. ugggg lol sucks !!! Cant wait to go shopping tho ;)))
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yup it's annoying.
    If you can sew, it's not too hard to take them in and inch or so all the way down the outer leg seam (the waistband can look messy but if you don't tuck things in you can get away with it. I'm sure it's not the way a proper dressmaker would do it, but it can buy you a bit of time.

I also went to the Good Sammies (charity store) and found some work pants and skirts for $5 which got me through a few months till I was at the size I wanted to be.