Same inches as April, plus 7lbs!!

Options
Good Morning MFP family, I still got a bit of confusion on my calorie/carb intake. Just decided to check-in and update my info, how about i havent lost an inch (43-38-48) since APRIL but have gained 7lbs! Crazy thing is when I ate more than 1500 calories ( for months) I didnt lose and two weeks into 1200 calories im still not losing. :sad:

Im kickn tail in the gym, quit my happy hour cocktails and fried any damn thing....still nothing.

I know and have read all the " eat more or eat less posts" , just take a look at my diary and tell me what you see that I dont.
Im onthe verge of tears everyday now. Cause my diteitian says my thyroid is fine, just eat around 1400 calories, that was 2 months ago. And nothing, just dont see the point of all this if i am never getting below 200 lbs. :noway:

Either way Im still always cheering for you guys, I just need a little nudge over here.

This is a rare , sad Lulu today :ohwell:

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Oh honey.. you have days with over 700 calories left over!! YOU NEED TO EAT!!

Your food looks good, but there just isnt enough of it!
  • kwin91
    kwin91 Posts: 128
    Options
    Honestly, try and put your scale away for a little while, I have to do that a LOT!

When you start a new workout regiment you do retain water, and lots of it for sometimes up to a month from what I've read.

And same with your calorie deficit, you body needs time to adjust.

EDIT: Yes, you do need to eat all your calories too. You cannot eat under 1200 a day. When MFP sets your daily limit its also wrong. You need to figure out your Total Daily Expenditure and your BMR, because if you eat under and then the next day a normal amount your body is going to hold onto everything you put in it that next day.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Stop watching the scale & just watch the inches. Look in the mirror.

I now weigh 10lbs more than when my mom died in 2005, but I'm wearing a whole dress/pants size SMALLER.... yeah. My inches have changed & are smaller than they were when I was 140lbs... but I'm 155lbs now.

It's muscle. Muscle is good, it helps you burn fat at rest.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hey, I had a look at your diary and it actually seems really good! I wish I could get my carbs under control and eat more protein. So I don't think it's what you're eating that's the problem. What kind of exercise are you doing? Is it pure cardio? Because if it is then that may be the issue. Cardio is good for making you fit but strength training will ultimately help you to lose the inches and get rid of the fat. The weight may not change as fast but the inches definitely will. I hope this helps. I know what it's like to feel like you're doing so much work with no visible results. Try not to get discouraged. The results might be slow coming but you're still helping to make your body healthier and ultimately the changes will happen. You're doing an awesome job! Feel free to add me if you like :-)
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I was at 240 when I started and it was work to break 200, I had to really try to NET 1200 or the scale wouldn't move, my BMR at the time was 1500+ so I would try to get that in the Gross column and at least 1200 in the NET or nothing happened. It might work for you.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem a while back. I hit a plateau and nothing would budge for several months. I didn't change my calories but I changed my foods. I ate entirely different foods than I had been eating. I ate Vietnamese food for a week, then Japanese, then Greek. Protein, carbs and fats that my body wasn't used to. I'm not sure why it worked, but it did.
  • cllovesdw4eva
    Options
    Same thing happened to me last year....I was melting off weight then it came to an abrupt halt right before I got engaged. Ive been trying to get back to that original metabolism and its now going on 10 months of fluctuation.

Ive learned that my body does not process carbs well at all. I have to really keep carbs and sugar low. Very hard when you have a sweet tooth.

Im also learning how to fool my body. If you have a steady gym routine, your body catches on to it. You can trick it by either adding weights, reps, or shortening rest periods.

Just dont get discouraged (trust when I say there are women who would KILL for your measurements :))
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Good Morning MFP family, I still got a bit of confusion on my calorie/carb intake. Just decided to check-in and update my info, how about i havent lost an inch (43-38-48) since APRIL but have gained 7lbs! Crazy thing is when I ate more than 1500 calories ( for months) I didnt lose and two weeks into 1200 calories im still not losing. :sad:

Im kickn tail in the gym, quit my happy hour cocktails and fried any damn thing....still nothing.

I know and have read all the " eat more or eat less posts" , just take a look at my diary and tell me what you see that I dont.
    Im onthe verge of tears everyday now. Cause my diteitian says my thyroid is fine, just eat around 1400 calories, that was 2 months ago. And nothing, just dont see the point of all this if i am never getting below 200 lbs. :noway:

Either way Im still always cheering for you guys, I just need a little nudge over here.

This is a rare , sad Lulu today :ohwell:

I think you need to take a hard look at your diary again.. honestly.

I just looked a few days back. You have a category labeled "cheat stuff" full of sweets and friend stuff and cocktails".

You are being dishonest with yourself. Clean it up. Go back up to 1500. Focus on protein, fruits, veggies, low fat dairy, and whole grains. Keep busting your tail. Do it right, and the results will follow.
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    Hey yall,

Thanks for letting me know Im not alone in this. I will try to change it up some.
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I agree. I read somewhere to not let your "net" calories go under 1200 calories. So if your caloric goal is 1200 calories and you burn 700 calories through exercise, but you're only eating 1200 calories...then technically you're only consuming 500 calories daily because you burned 700 of those calories off. So I would say...don't let your net go under 1200 calories, which means eat some of your exercise calories until you see a net of 1200. I've also noticed that the net is shown on my phone, but not the computer....

For me, I had to change my calorie goal bc 1200 calories was too low for me, having an active lifestyle. My BMR is around 1630 so I set my calorie goal to 1600 and I don't go under that daily...whether I exercise or not. Here's some info on that...http://www.quickbmr.com/what-is-tdee.html

I hope this helps!
  • mamakjknows
    Options
    I read your message today, and I have been where you are. I will say for sure that you are definitely not eating enough--and without seeing your exercise diary I can't comment on that, but you do need to eat!

I made a commitment to myself in February to get in shape. I joined a gym and started working out 3-4 days a week, but pretty much just cardio. Paid more attention to portion sizes--the whole 9 yards. I too ended up gaining weight and couldn't understand it. I started a strength training class in April (in addition to the cardio), and I am just now starting to see the results. I have finally dropped some weight, but more imporantly, I am in better shape and have dropped a dress size. My body has definition and I have more energy and stamina than ever.

Bottom line is--just hang in there! Rome was not built in a day so we can't expect our bodies to do that either!
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Some of your cheat items have no listed carbs. Believe me cupcakes have a ton of carbs. Make sure you are entering the information correctly from the package. That vodka also has carbs!

You may be miscalculating the nutritional information on the things you are eating.
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    Thanks for the link, I calculated my BMR 1709 and TDEE 2649 so I will have to make some changes