Jogging HELP PLEASE

2»

Replies

• emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    this happens to me if i do NOT stretch my calves out properly. try spending a good 3 minutes per leg stretching, which will seem like forever. you may also have the wrong shoes for your feet.. go to your local running store and make sure you're properly fitted. if stretching and proper shoes do not help, I would consult a GP and make sure you don't have any physiological issues. best of luck. egd
  • marnet12
    marnet12 Posts: 73 Member
    I am NOT a doctor and do not claim to diagnose any ailments. But I am a licensed massage therapist and do mostly sports related massage. So take my statements as such. The soft tissues in your feet, ankles (entire body really) get used to a certain positions and activities and can become constricted/rigid, etc to support only those activities. When you change what you are doing, the tissues can have trouble adjusting. This can cause discomfort, tingling and so on. The plantar fascia (a sheath that runs along the bottom of your foot) is notorious for causing a lot of problems. I agree with the other posters about getting help with the right shoes and good form, but you might just need some good foot massage to encourage those soft tissue to loosen up and give you a break. It it gets to be really bothersome, perhaps a visit to the doc is in order.

I know, we massage therapists tend to think massage will cure anything, but I have seen what great results some simple manual therapy can achieve on a wide range of problems.

Best of luck!
  • deannasw
    deannasw Posts: 47
    That is def my plan. Take the advice and systematically start ruling out stuff. :)