Hello

Options
So here I am 58 years old drastically obese and needing to lose what seems like a mountain of unwanted fat,............... I'm lucky I have a wonderful family who are so much younger than me that I owe it to them to lose that weight and improve my fitness so I can get back to enjoying spending time with them without struggling just to walk and be with them for days out....... I have tried diets and online groups before MFP seems to be better than the ones I have tried so here is hoping that I can lose that fat at last perhaps with some mutual support from other people in a similar state :)

Replies

• Lainey1976
    Options
    Welcome .. I have had a slow start to my weight loss journey but am STEPPING IT UP .. :) .. Welcome to MFP. Jump in head first !!!! :) feel free to add me as a friend.
  • cowboysfan82288
    Options
    Morning Mike. I'm Mark. Welcome to MFP! You'll find alot of support here. I still have almost 50 pounds to go to reach my goal. Just stay focused and you will be fine. You can add me if you'd like. Best wishes on your journey achieving your goals.
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    Welcome.....MFP is a great place for support! Awesome tool for losing weight & healthy living. The thing I like the most is even if you don't lose one week its still opening your eyes to healthier living. When you start seeing what certain foods are calorie and fat wise its an eyeopener! Best of Luck to you!!!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing community here. Everyone one of is in the same boat as you. I'm 34 and I share the same story as you. I have 3 young amazingly beautiful playful children and an outstanding wife. I am doing this all for them. The support you'll find here is hands down some of the best. We don't judge, we support.