The rollercoaster ride...

Options
snowsflake
snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
I hate that weight loss has been such a rollercoaster ride for me, but each time I go up I learn something new and start coming down again. Since January 2008 I've managed to lose and regain and then relose 49 pounds. I think how I could be so much closer to my goal if I had just kept moving forward, but it's okay. I've learned a lot along the way and now I'm down to a solid 61 pounds lost and counting. I worked hard not to give up on myself or beat myself up for regaining weight that I had already lost. It totally sucked, but I made it through. I'm just gonna keep pushing forward as I have been doing everyday. I'm gonna enjoy my splurge meal every Saturday and keep up with my food journal...as much as I can! Anyway, I can't wait to hit triple digits...WOO HOO!!!

142000.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats. :-) To know that you went through all that -- losing and regaining, losing and regaining -- and still pushing through to lose a whopping 61 lbs is nothing short of an inspiration!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    great job! I almost gave up this wk when i didnt see a loss but i think i lost inches so now i'ma keep pushing.

keep it up.

what did u find that finally worked for u?
  • ashtonk7903
    Options
    I am right there with you. I've been doing the same thing. I've only lost 33 of the total 100 I'd like to lose because there have been a couple weeks when I went up 5 and had to lose it all back. If I hadn't let myself back track I'd be down another 10 pounds and I wouldn't have to be pushing so hard to meet my goal for the end of the year. It's almost good that I did it though because it lets me know that I can push and get back on track and keep losing weight. It's definitely not an easy task but we're also not alone
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You know it's a hard thing to accept when you are faced with weight gain after you worked so hard to lose it. But I've found that each time I learned something about myself - how I handled situations, what was driving me to eat and not care about it, and from that I learned how to handle situations without turning to food for comfort. It really was about changing my lifestyle, and it has been a hard thing to do, but once I made the change a habit it helped me move forward. At this point it's all mental because I know what to do - burn more calories than I take in - eat right and workout. Make small changes, enjoy and celebrate your accomplishments and keep pushing forward because the minute you give up it will sneak up on you! :noway:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!