New to MFP

Options
Hello Everyone!

My name is Susie and I am from Romulus, Michigan. I am just now getting back into a routine after having WLS 3 months ago. With that said, I have been very busy trying to keep up with a daily vitamin regimine, getting all of my required/desired Protein in with no sugar or "white" foods.

I have been given the all clear to start the Couch to 5K and today is the big day...I am really excited because I have always envied people that are athletic and have the ability to "Just do it!" (Nike) lol

My starting weight back in November of 2011 was 238 lbs, seems like a lifetime ago. On the day of my WLS I weighed 209 lbs. I am currently 3 months post-op and now weigh 160 lbs. My goal is to be healthy with a normal BMI. I am 45 yrs old and I just want to know what having a healthy lifestyle feels like...so far, it feels amazing!

I have changed my eating habits and I have embraced the Vegetarian way of eating. I am always looking for new healthy Vegan recipes to try.

Looking forward to meeting people in my area (Wayne County or Washtenaw County) that go to support groups for Bariatric surgery.

Thank you and I am glad to be here,

SusieQ
Swoozieq67

Replies

• cowboysfan82288
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Susie. I'm Mark. You'll find alot of support here. Congratulations on your success thus far. Best wishes on your journey achieving your goals. Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)