resetting activity level/lbs perweek to lose- please help!

Options
I currently have my activity level set to lightly active and I'm set to lose 2lbs per week. This gives me 1200 calories a day. In the last 2+ weeks I have been stuck at the same weight so I'm going to follow all of the "eat more lose more" advice and up my calories.

For activity level- I'm a teacher but it's summer so I'm at home mostly reading, taking online classes, and making unit plans so not much activity BUT I do the 30 Day Shred every day and an intense kickboxing class 3 days a week. Does activity level include exercise or no?

Losing 2 lbs per week gives me 1200 calories per day
Losing 1.5 lbs per week gives me 1210
Losing 1 lb per week gives me 1460

Why is that half a lb such a huge calorie jump? I think I should try it out but I'm not sure... I just started actually hitting my 1200 calorie mark consistantly so I'm worried about going too high. I was eating under before and I already feel more energized for workouts with actually hitting 1200 calories but the scale has barely moved...

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I would go with the 1lb per week goal. The 2lbs per week goal is probably so close to the 1.5lb goal since the site won't give you a goal under 1,200 calories a day so if you select a deficit larger than you can handle it will default to 1,200 cals.

You could also figure out your TDEE and take off 20% from that and manually set your calorie goal through settings. With that you wouldn't eat back your exercise cals.

Good luck!
  • Ashers83
    Ashers83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to change to 1lb a week and see how that goes. I guess there has to be something to the eat more lose more mantra if so many people speak its praises!

Thanks!