Anybody done Weightwatchers?

Options
2»

Replies

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs with WW back in 2003 (before fruits were 0). Whenever I hit plateaus, I would just get more rigid about measuring and weighing my food. I would also look at the balance of foods I was eating and switch it up (I always tend to eat way to many carbs and not enough protein). My leader recommended switching up what you eat - if you do FF - go to full fat for a few days - if you eat too much fruit, add more veggies, etc. She also suggested switching up my exercise routine to challenge my body.

What types of fruits are you eating and how much?

So far today I've had an apple, mango, half a cantaloupe melon, ordinarily I would have some more fruit, a banana in the afternoon and half a punned of strawberries in the evening, and maybe a small punter of cherries to snack on during the day.
    Sounds like A LOT when I write it all down!

That's a lot of fruit. I think that's more than WW recommends (from what I remember). I lost weight on the Momentum plan, but had trouble with Points Plus. So, I stopped. That much fruit has a lot of calories. Points Plus allocates 200 calories for fruit, you've probably gone over that.
  • melcookson
    melcookson Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Veg is bleugh!!
    I've always eaten all my dailies, I started off not touching my weeklies but have started to use them. I never touch my APs though.
    I've worked out I'm eating about 400-500 extra calories a day on fruit (and veg), so I'm eating 1540 a day before even touching my weeklies.
    I'm only 5feet tall and weigh 124 lbs, so I'm within a healthy BMI already, but I want to get round to between 100-110lbs, which is still a healthy BMI.
    I think it's probably more difficult for me as I don't have a load of excess weight to lose (I've lost 20lbs already), I guess the remaining weight is vanity weight I want to lose! And with being a shorty, every pound shows x
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    1540/day plus your weeklies is going to add up to over 1800. The new points are about 40 calories each (for most foods). At your size, you may have to add a lot of activity to lose anything but very slowly at that intake level.

I personally would consider keeping my beloved fruit but not eating your weeklies for a few weeks and see if that helps. Or limit your fruit to 3ish servings a day (and a serving isn't a cantaloupe!) and eat maybe half your weeklies? I don't know. Good luck!

Oh and- Not eating any vegetables might be making it hard to feel full at lower calorie levels. You can eat a huge salad for very little calories (and no points). I don't imagine you might like some veggies if you learned some ways to cook them that most people like? I originally thought I didn't like them because I thought you had to eat stuff out of a can but fresh veggies roasted... few people don't like that! :smile:
  • foranagirl
    foranagirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since May 1st. I've lost 17.6 lbs, which averages to 1.1 lb a week. I get 26 DPs. I try to stick to that M thru F lunch, and only dip into my WPs on the weekend (Fri night through SU). We tend to eat out at least twice every weekend, so I want the flexibility there.

I have not eaten my APs because I was only walking. I was limiting myself to 2 fruits of day. However, I just had metabolic testing done at the gym I joined, and I'm working with a trainer to get myself read to do the NROL for Abs. According to the metabolic testing and the NROL for Women, I am not eating enough. I do seemed to haved stalled in the past 2 weeks, so I joined MFP to track calories and my macronutrients. The failure to track these 2 things are, in my opinion, WW's weakness. Well, that and their sucky Android App. Do LOVE the MFP app.