Someone stole my cookie...

Options
What do YOU do to fight depression and sadness?

Replies

• ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I load some really good music to my ipod and go do some cardio, have a nice shower when I get home and have some me time, watch a favorite movie or do something nice, Cook m y favorite meal etc
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    i eat choclate :D hehehehehehe :D i know it is wrong! but this is the only way i get out of my blue mood!!!!
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I snuggle up with my kiddo and watch movies or tickle her until we're both laughing like idiots

if that isn't an option because she's "away" I set my ipod to my "*kitten* it" playlist and run until I'm totally numb mentally and physically
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    eat a dozen frozen reese cups
  • DawnAnonymous
    Options
    Beer...:drinker:

~But I'm on my third day of "No beer!"~

Trying to find other ways to beat the blues...usually sunshine & swimming (i.e. the beach) does the trick!
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Get some exercise and get those endorphins going! I usually feel depressed when I am tired, so sleep would probably work well, for me, but since I have 3 kids, one of which is a baby, that won't happen. Feel better soon!:flowerforyou:
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I listen to Scooter at a very loud volume... and dream of dancing the Tango with Donald Sutherland... :love:

I thought everybody did that... I didn't realise there were OTHER mood-lifting techniques? :noway:
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    A walk (strolling, not brisk) in the sunshine and trying a new route or taking a familiar route but try to notice something new. The exercise and sunshine lift my mood and the other part gives me something to think about other than my own problems.

Hope you get to feeling better! :flowerforyou:
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Throw on loud music and clean. Not always easy to get going, but setting the house back to rights makes me feel calm and collected again. If I'm really feeling lethargic, a hot shower and a good book.
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    I've heard it said the the best way to fight depression is to do something for someone else, a wife, a girlfriend, a family member, a co-worker or even a complete stranger. It may depend a lot on the level of depression though. Professional help may be advised for serious levels of depression and saddness. Take a look at WebMD and see if there is anything there that might help. For me though, doing things for my wife and a good hard workout seem to do the trick.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have a "happy book" filled with things that remind me of times when things are better, and always makes me smile. I also try to write down at least one positive thing each day to try to keep my mind away from the negative thoughts. I can read back through these and it helps to get me out of a rut.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Too bad you're limited on the time you can exercise. The progress I can see in the mirror helps and surrounding myself with positive people. I don't have time for negativity and whining in my life. You're precious! That's something to be happy about!
  • fierceangel1982
    Options
    Journaling what I'm upset about, reading a good book, calling or texting a friend, going for a walk, having a good cry, praying, etc. I started the Game On diet with some of my coworkers 2 weeks ago and my mood has greatly improved, even after receiving some bad news. As a result of the diet, I'm waking up on time everyday, eating lots of fresh produce, trying new food combinations, exercising more as well as trying new exercises. I still get stressed and anxious from time-to-time, but I'm a totally different person than I was 2 weeks ago.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    To fight depression, sometimes I do some exercise, sometimes I eat, but that usually makes me feel worse. Sometimes I call all my friends until I find someone who has time to talk. Sometimes I email an internet buddy. Sometimes I watch TV or take a nap.

Some days are diamonds, some days are coal - quote from John Denver
  • SunshineGRL76
    SunshineGRL76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I try to find something to get my mind off of things...whether it be journalling, exercise, watching a movie, reading a book, talking with a friend...and I liked the idea of doing something for someone else...I know that sometimes it gets super tough, to the point you don't wanna get off the couch (i've been there), although, it is important to understand how you feel, and why you feel that way...

Hope you feel better soon!
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Spend time with my dog. Who can't help but smile when they bat those baby browns. :smile:
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I ride my bike.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Music is usually my salvation. And the type depends on my mood. If I'm really p!ssed off, it's usually Metallica or something hard and banging. If I'm depressed, The Offspring is pretty good.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    First: I go get my damn cookie back.. (no one takes my cookies)...

Second: Chat with friends.

Third: Have Sex.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I run. Much better than how I used to handle depression (which is why I am here)!