bump
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... I made this tonight with butternut squash.
    While it tasted yummy, I think I did something wrong. Right out of the oven, it looked like Chicken Meringue. I was under the impression the yogurt would turn into some sort of sauce, so I stirred it into the juices in the pan. That was NOT the way to go! It kind of looked like my cat barfed on it. It looked like it curdled
    I MAAAAAAAAAAAAY have pushed the "use by" date on my yogurt a bit.
    Any suggestions (other than going grocery shopping more often)? Or is that the way it's supposed to be?
    Like I said, it tasted good... I'm just glad I didn't have company! :ohwell:
  • poundis
    poundis Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I made it tonight for dinner as well. It was VERY yummy. Mine looked like what the other post said- meringue. I did assume too that the yogurt and mozzarella cheese would melt into a creamy sauce. I just bought my yogurt today so freshness was not an issue. This was a very yummy dish and will still make again!!!!!!
  • Mmmmmegan
    Mmmmmegan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump! :]
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump! THANK YOU
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... I made this tonight with butternut squash.
    While it tasted yummy, I think I did something wrong. Right out of the oven, it looked like Chicken Meringue. I was under the impression the yogurt would turn into some sort of sauce, so I stirred it into the juices in the pan. That was NOT the way to go! It kind of looked like my cat barfed on it. It looked like it curdled
    I MAAAAAAAAAAAAY have pushed the "use by" date on my yogurt a bit.
    Any suggestions (other than going grocery shopping more often)? Or is that the way it's supposed to be?
    Like I said, it tasted good... I'm just glad I didn't have company! :ohwell:

Yeah it doesn't make a creamy sauce but I usually have juices off my chicken that I can use to go over rice with that has chunks of the cheese and yogurt in it. It tastes really good, not something I'd make if I'm going for a nice fancy "Look at me" dish.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Yeah it doesn't make a creamy sauce but I usually have juices off my chicken that I can use to go over rice with that has chunks of the cheese and yogurt in it. It tastes really good, not something I'd make if I'm going for a nice fancy "Look at me" dish.
    [/quote]

It IS delicious! Thanks for the idea! Just glad to know I didn't screw it up! (not much of my cooking results in a "look at me" dish.... unless it's "look at me in horror!" :laugh:
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    that's dinner for tonight then!
  • joy31021
    Options
    bump
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    bump :drinker:
  • mistyislosingit
    mistyislosingit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • MarlinWil
    MarlinWil Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yummy - bump to try tomorrow night. Thanks so much for sharing this!!
  • jules1202
    Options
    Greek yogurt and chicken AND this recipe is South Beach Diet Phase I friendly :)
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • kmcnulty05
    kmcnulty05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump