Greek Yogurt Melt in your mouth Chicken

Options

Replies

• bump - yum!
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this. I may even put in the crockpot and see if that works. Will report on how it turns out!
  • tkohmetscher
    Options
    bump
  • Beanie7
    Beanie7 Posts: 3
    Options
    bump
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Bump!
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bumpity, bump, bump, bump!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious and easy! Thanks for sharing!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    trying to remember to make this, sounds great!
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    Bump
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    any good substitutes for this, I am going to assume I will not find this as I am from Canada. Thanks, but I am doing a trip to the good ole USA soon so may need to try and find this.

Sounds so yummy. :happy:

1/2 tsp slap ya mama (cajun season)
    1 tsp season all

I'm not sure what Canada would have to replace it, I know that the slap ya mama is more of a southern thing, but those who may not live in the south if they have Tony's Chachere that'll work. You can order online...

http://www.slapyamama.com/ <--- this is the seasoning I used and for the season salt or season all.

http://www.lawrys.com/Products/Spice-Blends/Seasoned-Salt.aspx
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Bump! Sounds delicious! Now I have to figure out how many calories :( lol

:flowerforyou:

It really depends on how many calories are in the cheese you chose to use and the yogurt you use, also the chicken you use. I made this last night before work and the ing. I used it was only 166 calories.
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • girlznme
    girlznme Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks! I can't wait to try it.
  • Raven413
    Raven413 Posts: 86
    Options
    I'm a picky eater so when I saw the topic "Greek Yogurt..." I said no way. Then I decided that I really need to venture out so I tried it. OMG, it is absolutely delicious!!!! Great taste and the chicken is so tender. Thanks so much. It will become a staple in my house. Hope that I don't OD on it! :laugh:
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    I'm a picky eater so when I saw the topic "Greek Yogurt..." I said no way. Then I decided that I really need to venture out so I tried it. OMG, it is absolutely delicious!!!! Great taste and the chicken is so tender. Thanks so much. It will become a staple in my house. Hope that I don't OD on it! :laugh:

Oh that's awesome! It's one of those things I could eat on a daily bases, but tonight I'm trying something different, I eat chicken on a daily bases lol. If what I'm trying tonight is good, I'll post the recipe.
  • adf4
    adf4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump for later..thanks! :)
  • CrystaLight74
    Options
    Sounds wonderful, thanks for sharing!!!
  • Eclipsoh
    Eclipsoh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    dibs
  • seizethefray
    Options
    Munching on this now. YUM! Thanks for sharing. I'm notorious for screwing up chicken--it's always dry. This recipe was a godsend!

Modified it a bit to what was in my fridge:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 cup non-fat vanilla greek yogurt
    Eyeballed cayenne pepper, garlic powder, all purpose seasoning, pepper

Baked, uncovered, at 400 for 30ish minutes.

Ditched the cheese since I have no problem getting more than my daily cheese allowance on any given day. lol

At first, I thought I was going to ruin my first attempt at it with the flavored yogurt, but it was actually a nice contrast to the spices. Side note: loving cayenne in just about everything these days. Endless health benefits and it speeds up your metabolism.

Next time I think I'll add more yogurt so it comes out more sauce-y. :)
  • Dreaaa
    Dreaaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump!!