Fasting Motivation!

Options
2»

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    You are not going to eat for 10 days? That sounds insane to me, I think I'd rather die
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i'd say just do low carb. lose weight and get healthy. much easier.

and you can eat!
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    First let me say I do not have an eating disorder. A few lbs ago I was considered Overweight. There is a healthy way to fast and it can be very beneficial providing you are not underweight and/or have any health conditions.

This post clearly was a mistake to put out on here bc people have such strong feeling about it. And I'm pretty sure 95% of the people with strong feelings have never researched fasting.

Please stop posting on this thread.

#1-There are tons of different people on here from all walks of life. Of course you are going to get strong opinions from both sides
    #2 We can post if we want
    #3 MANY of us HAVE researched and DO different types of fasting. This type happens to be ludacris. You are right, if you didn't want to hear what people think you shouldn't have posted this on here.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    i'd say just do low carb. lose weight and get healthy. much easier.

and you can eat!

Eating sounds good :love:
  • filomenae
    filomenae Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    First let me say I do not have an eating disorder. A few lbs ago I was considered Overweight. There is a healthy way to fast and it can be very beneficial providing you are not underweight and/or have any health conditions.

This post clearly was a mistake to put out on here bc people have such strong feeling about it. And I'm pretty sure 95% of the people with strong feelings have never researched fasting.

You don't have to be skeletal to have an eating disorder. I'm not saying you do have one, but your eating patterns are obviously abnormal. Please go get me the research that shows fasting is OK and healthy for you body- back it up with science.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

Translation:
    I thought more people would agree with my point of view, but they clearly do not.

If you don't agree with me, please do not post in this thread
  • Oooberstank
    Options
    th?id=I4674801948164753&pid=1.7&w=198&h=125&c=7&rs=1
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    ..I approve this message...:tongue:
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    ..I approve this message...:tongue:

Mmmmhmm!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You've picked a good time to fast, if you want motivation. It's Ramadan, so a large percentage of the world's people will be fasting along with you. Ramadan lasts until August 19 this year.

Of course the Ramadan fast is different; the fast is maintained only during daylight hours, during which no food or drink (even water) is consumed. Two meals a day are allowed, one before sunrise and another after sunset.

(I'm not Muslim myself, but part of my job involves tracking holidays around the world.)
  • kaydensmom12
    kaydensmom12 Posts: 338
    Options
    Honestly do you know the importance of nutrients in the body? You can easily gain a deficiency in 10 days, you do not just have to maintain a diet low in these nutrients over a long period of time.

Do you know what potassium does for the body?
    It is very important in nerve impulses and muscle movements. Do you a very important muscle in the body, the heart, is most effected by a potassium deficiency. Without the essential potassium your heart will actually stop beating regularly, therefore pump blood to the rest of your body irregularly.

Do you know what Calcium does for the body?
    Calcium is very important in muscle impulses also, but is also important for bones. Without the essential calcium you are setting yourself up for osteoporosis in the future, it doesn't even have to be 20 years from now. With osteoporosis some people step off of a side walk and break their ankles. Wheelchair time.

Do you know what Vitamin C does for the body?
    Vitamin C is important for energy and healing/ the immune system. Therefore without enough vitamin C your immune system can become compromised, and along with a deficit in protein you will not heal properly. A cut can easilly turn into taking months to heal, mix that with an infection.

What about iron, Vitamin A, protein, Vitamin D? Do you really understand what you are putting your body through. I do not believe that it really is beneficial to fast, I don't care for what reason, unless you are somehow providing yourself with the essential nutrients. If you take a vitamin daily, you still will not recieve the essential nutrients. Care about your body, and try to be around for your child and grand children. I know that deficiencies are very hard on the organs, the organs that you will have through your entire life. Make a lifestyle change, not a diet. If you wanted to lose weight before you climbed up the latter, then you should have started sooner instead of "fasting yourself into thinness". You would have better results eating food in moderation, why don't you just do that ? You don't want to wait longer to see results, you want to hurry and lose as much as you can as fast as you can even if it means that your muscle mass is depleting and your organs are seriously being challenged?
  • hellokehtty
    Options

Pretty much sums it up.
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Check out juice fasting! Still get nutrients, definitely low calories and it help recharge your system. I do try to fast for 24 hours once a month. Its usually after a really bad day or I feel that I am craving too much fats. Helps me recharge my taste buds!

I would love to do a long juice fast! I was totally motivated after watching, "Fat, sick and nearly Dead". But juice fasting is expensive! I resorted to Intermittent Fasting, but I sometimes spiral when I do IF. So that is what led me to water fasting. It seems to work for me, but it is not as easy as I would think the juicing would be...

Everyone - This is supposed to be a support group. Hence, motivation and support! There are many ways to provide that with comments but as well as ideas!

That said, I watched the “FSND” too! I found it very interesting and I tried some of his recipes. If you can, try to do find the recipes with the least expensive ingredients! I’ve dont a water cleanse for 2 days and I found it an interesting experience, but not for me. I do believe that if you can do juices you can also go for walks and not be inactive during your cleanse. Just some thoughts. I wish you the best of luck!
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    And get your nutrients!!
  • julz_coolz
    Options
    Your body can go without food for 40 days. After the 40 days, your body will start to eat away organs and tissue. The first 2-4 days of fasting, your body will go into fat burning mode. The first couple of days will just be water weight. I know many people that do fasts for multiple reasons. It is not a bad idea. I believe that everyone should do a fast at least once in their lives. I recommend to drink three cups of organic green tea a day. Also before bed drink a hot cup of water with lemon juice and honey in it. You should be drinking at least two liters of water a day during your fast. After you are done fasting, make sure you do not go right back to solid foods. Drink only juices for 1-2 days then go to vegetables and fruits for a few days, then you can start eating more solid foods. I fast because it cleans out my body. I don't fast for weight loss. Also when people fast it makes them realize what foods they need and what foods that they can cut out. Fasting brings awareness to the foods you eat.

-Julz