What is your most incredible

Options
supatim
supatim Posts: 239 Member
Fitness / Exercise / Sports story?
Today my 50 year old brother is participating in one of the premiere bike races in the NW. It is called RAMROD - short for "Ride Around Mt. Rainier in One Day". 152 miles with 10000 feet of elevation gain. Seriously bad *kitten*! Got get it bro!!!

What is yours?

Replies

• LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Today my 50 year old brother is participating in one of the premiere bike races in the NW. It is called RAMROD - short for "Ride Around Mt. Rainier in One Day". 152 miles with 10000 feet of elevation gain. Seriously bad *kitten*! Got get it bro!!!

What is yours?

Mine is lame....

My Jr year in HS I had my crosshairs on one guy who was the rival teams (3 miles up the rd) all state ILB. I hit him so hard I knocked the both of us out......LOL

It was on a kick off so I had a full head of steam HAHA.....wow.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm still buzzing over Warrior Dash 2012...and psyched for June 15, 2013!
  • supatim
    supatim Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm still buzzing over Warrior Dash 2012...and psyched for June 15, 2013!

Me too!!! That was a blast! Thinking VERY seriously about Tough Mudder here in Seattle 9-29
  • JessigirlJb
    JessigirlJb Posts: 656
    Options
    Backpacking through Yellow Stone! It was a so big and I thought I don't know if I can do this. I had a 50 pound pack. but it was so amazing that the 20 miles a day seemed just fine. I cant wait to do it again! One trip adventure I will never forget.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    the fact that I finished a warrior dash !!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Mine can't comopare to that...I ran a segment of a 5-Person relay marathon with IT band syndrome. It was very painful but I did it and ran a personal best. It took me a few months to recover.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Completed my first 100 mile cycling ride (The Hotter N Hell 100) last year at 50 years of age. I did it in 7 hours 9 minutes, this year I am going to knock 30-60 minutes off last years time!
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Simply put... I got out of my own head and went from struggling to run around a city block to completing a full marathon in 16 weeks in June!

Now pushing harder than ever to see what I can really do time wise at the next marathon in October!

Pretty incredible to me!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options

What is yours?
    That is really cool! Let us know how he does and how he liked it!

My best story is nowhere near that good. I'd have to say it was the Soldier Field 10 mile race. I ran it several years ago. It ends on the 50 yard line of the football stadium and you can see yourself on the big jumbotron as you finish. Kinda neato.
  • sofakingawesome69
    Options
    When I was in the Army way back when, 2 miles 12 minutes. 92 pushups in 2 minutes..
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Finishing my first century ride. I cried like a little b!tch when I crossed the finish.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping it's going to be the Tough Mudder in October 2012. I want the free Tough Mudder tattoo :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • staceyseeger
    Options
    Finishing my first century ride. I cried like a little b!tch when I crossed the finish.

What Century ride did you do?
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I completed the Tough Mudder in 2011. I was probably in the worst shape of my life and struggled all the way... but I finished! I'm going to try the Mudder again in October 2012. I'm in the best "athletic" shape of my life right now, and I'm hoping to smash my last Tough Mudder performance!
  • staceyseeger
    Options
    I completed the Tough Mudder in 2011. I was probably in the worst shape of my life and struggled all the way... but I finished! I'm going to try the Mudder again in October 2012. I'm in the best "athletic" shape of my life right now, and I'm hoping to smash my last Tough Mudder performance!

We must be doing the same Tough Mudder in Austin...I'm from SA, too!
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options

Mine is lame....

My Jr year in HS I had my crosshairs on one guy who was the rival teams (3 miles up the rd) all state ILB. I hit him so hard I knocked the both of us out......LOL

It was on a kick off so I had a full head of steam HAHA.....wow.
    HA! No, no.....that was awesome!
    :drinker: :laugh:
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    The time I went backpacking through western Europe. :tongue:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    mine is ancient history....I was swimming in a mixed age 200 meter freestyle relay. The order is always 11/12 - 9/10 - 13/14 - 15-18. I was in the 13/14 slot and their 9/10 swimmer was the fastest in the area for his age group. He blew out 9/10 kid out of the water and their 13/14 guy was entering his turn when I dove in. Long story short, I tapped the wall at the same time as their 13/14 and our 15-18 finished off the race and we won the meet.

**now I feel very Al Bundy-ish.
  • JessigirlJb
    JessigirlJb Posts: 656
    Options
    The time I went backpacking through western Europe. :tongue:
    I bet that was incredible
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Last year I ran the Seaside Half Marathon on a broken foot. Finished in under 2 hours. Few days later I had an MRI that revealed the break.

Not bragging. That stupid move on my part set me back 2 months from running.