Fitbit help

Options
knjantz
knjantz Posts: 40 Member
Okay, I wear my fitbit but have a question. It never reads the same calories burned as MFP. I have not been logging my activity lately and just letting FB do the adjustment but it is VERY far off. Today my Fitbit says I burned 1,890 so far this morning but when I plug it in, MFP says I have only burned 112 calories. Why are they so far off? Which is right?

Replies

• loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options
    Bump.
    Sorry for that, but I am considering buying one and I am interested in the replies you may get to this.
  • knjantz
    Options
    Overall I really love it. It pushes me to walk those few extra steps every day. I like to meet my daily goal in steps so it really is pushing me, I just cannot figure out why the readings are so far off! Or which one to trust. I recommend getting one though!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    MFP already assumes you will burn a certain number of calories in a day. The fitbit adjustment (in this case 112 calories) are the calories you earned over and above that amount.
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    MFP already assumes you will burn a certain number of calories in a day. The fitbit adjustment (in this case 112 calories) are the calories you earned over and above that amount.

Yup, this. I now use the fitbit to guage my activity levels and estimated calories burned, but manually input those activities into MFP.
  • knjantz
    Options
    Ahhh makes sense. Thanks!