ugh, need more motivation

Options
angmarie28
angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
Ive been using MFP for a couple months and love it, but I am out of motivation, Ive been good on my diet, but slacking on my exercise, I need people that will help motivate me, im 5'7" I started at 172 lbs and am 151 now, I would like to be 130-135 by october, so if your a good motivator, ad me :)

Replies

• scb18
    scb18 Posts: 20
    Options
    You've already made some great progress! I'm just at the beginning of my journey and have a little ways to go but I'm pretty motivated to get there. We can help each other out! :)
  • angmarie28
    Options
    You've already made some great progress! I'm just at the beginning of my journey and have a little ways to go but I'm pretty motivated to get there. We can help each other out! :)

Ive been at it for over 3 months now, I need to start working out more, then it might actually come off faster. I think im going to do zumba today, but I realy need to start doing more toning, maybe 20 minutes of Zumba and 1/2 a p90x workout for my muscles, yep, I think thats my plan today
  • scb18
    scb18 Posts: 20
    Options
    I've never done zumba but I've heard it's fun and a great work out. I downloaded this app on my iphone called nike training club and it guides you through some awesome work outs! It's good for me right now because I'm in the process of moving and don't really have time to go to a gym and work out since I'm busy packing. Keep going girl! I absolutely hate working out but it definitely boosts the weight loss progress tremendously!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    if yuo want blunt honesty add me as a friend. In other words get of your a** and workout!, lol
  • ReadySara
    ReadySara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    same here, but I take it easy because I' am in no hurry to lose weight :wink:
  • mhouston2011
    mhouston2011 Posts: 155
    Options
    Everyone, feel free to add me......support and motivation is what it is all about!!
  • jmfraggis
    jmfraggis Posts: 14
    Options
    I find that when lacking motivation it makes it harder when you aren't accountable to anyone. This means that working out alone and at home doesn't work - no matter how "great" the workout is.

You have to be accountable and make plans with someone so that they are counting on you to be there. It is what you need to get in the door - you won't leave once your there - just get there!

Any friends on here in your area you can hook up with for workouts?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Not to be a jerk, but if the motivation doesn't come from within, how successful do you really think you're going to be? Sure, a pat on the back, a few words of encouragement, or a kick in the *kitten* can help you on a tough day, but really you have to want this for yourself, and if your own health and happiness aren't enough to keep you away from the fridge or off the couch, how much can we really do?
  • angmarie28
    Options
    if yuo want blunt honesty add me as a friend. In other words get of your a** and workout!, lol

sounds good, like people that are as bluntly honest as me :D
  • angmarie28
    Options
    I find that when lacking motivation it makes it harder when you aren't accountable to anyone. This means that working out alone and at home doesn't work - no matter how "great" the workout is.

You have to be accountable and make plans with someone so that they are counting on you to be there. It is what you need to get in the door - you won't leave once your there - just get there!

Any friends on here in your area you can hook up with for workouts?

I do good on my own actually, my brother used to be way overweight and is now a fitness trainer, so I have him, sorta lol, but I prefer to do it alone instead of with friends, I refuses to workout with other people, and friends are too nice, they will help make excuses for you, strangers on the other hand are more honest there for I prefer the motivation of strangers
  • angmarie28
    Options
    Not to be a jerk, but if the motivation doesn't come from within, how successful do you really think you're going to be? Sure, a pat on the back, a few words of encouragement, or a kick in the *kitten* can help you on a tough day, but really you have to want this for yourself, and if your own health and happiness aren't enough to keep you away from the fridge or off the couch, how much can we really do?
    I eat very healthy actualy, but as a mom of 3 kids and chasing them all day, sitting on my *kitten* sounds pretty dang good, . I have done this all on my own so far so I think im doing good, but its nice to have someone in the same spot as you, my husband is realy fit and naturaly thin so he just doesnt get it.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    I eat very healthy actualy, but as a mom of 3 kids and chasing them all day, sitting on my *kitten* sounds pretty dang good, . I have done this all on my own so far so I think im doing good, but its nice to have someone in the same spot as you, my husband is realy fit and naturaly thin so he just doesnt get it.

Excuses.

Lots of single parents have had great success, including myself. You have to want it... we can't do it for you.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    My you tube video is being said to be a great motivator! ;p

http://www.youtube.com/user/JaymeBales83
  • Wetterdew
    Wetterdew Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    People have different sources of motivation. For me, it's seeing the transformations of other people and realizing that I can do the same. I also love looking over the log of my health that I've developed these past weeks.

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • angmarie28
    Options

Excuses.

Lots of single parents have had great success, including myself. You have to want it... we can't do it for you.

what excuses, im doing it arnt I, and im doing it on my own, and have done it so far with no support, so now I just want people that I can relate to and that will help to stay motivated, and theres nothing wrong with that
  • mhouston2011
    mhouston2011 Posts: 155
    Options

Excuses.

Not to be a jerK??? Then what are you being? She simply stated that she was looking for support. She hasn't made any excuses.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    OK, now I'm being a jerk... but see the highlighted sections:

post.jpg

Again - to have long term success... MOTIVATION HAS TO COME FROM WITHIN!!!!
  • LaylaSparkles
    Options
    I tooo need some motivation, some blunt honest motivation would be great. I have failed myself for a while and trying to get back on track!!
  • angmarie28
    Options
    OK, now I'm being a jerk... but see the highlighted sections:

post.jpg

Again - to have long term success... MOTIVATION HAS TO COME FROM WITHIN!!!!
    and again, there is nothing wrong with wanting someone around that is in the same position as you, like I also already said, ive done it on my own so far so so ya its coming from within, but support from people in the same boat, there is NOTHING wrong with that, motivation doesnt come JUST from with in, it comes from knowing that you will look better and feel better, and from support from other people, which is something I dont have at home. Just because you think wanting support and motivation is wrong, doesnt mean it is, its proven that having support makes your chances of success much greater, and since I dont have that at home, im looking for other people in the same boat as me, so if you want to judge me for me changing my life for the better and doing what I need to do to get there, then kindly go somewhere else