When you.....

Options
set up your profile settings, if you have a desk job but work out 5-6 times per week, do you set it at sedetary or the settting which states you work out 5-6 times a week?

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    id make my workouts 5-6 times per week and leave it sedentary.

But me personally, my job is technically a desk job but I am moving more than half of my day, carrying/lifting boxes, etc. So I have mine as lightly active with about 4 workouts a week.

make sense?
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    yes, it does. MFP has me set @ 1200 calories but realistically, I've been going over this amount most days of the week because I'm hungry. Can you manually set your calories?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    the settting which states you work out 5-6 times a week?
    That's not one of the choices. The activity levels give examples of jobs for each level. They don't mention exercise.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    yes you can manually set your calories settings. Its the custom settings. 1200 calories is the default for a lot of people and it doesn't make sense. A good place to go is http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ to find out what you should be eating at and then you can custom set your calories.

I personally have mine set at 100 calories over my BMR and I eat back my excercise calories so that I am still at a deficit but when I work out I get more.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    If you have a desk job, set it to sedentary. Log your work outs and then eat those calories back.