Weight LIfting and Arms

Options
I'm doing the Stronglifts program and am 8 sessions in. I've been taking pics of my arms, just to compare, and have happily noticed that they're firming up pretty nicely. However... My right arm has slightly less 'batwing' now than my left. This will eventually even out, right? Or since I'm right handed should I do some isolation lifts with my left arm to keep muscle development even?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Just lift to get bigger and if it does not balance out enough down the road focus on it more directly.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Oh, the goal is not to get bigger. My arms are already 13 1/2 inches around. I want them to be less squishy and more hard scary muscle like my Manbeast's.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Stronglifts program and am 8 sessions in. I've been taking pics of my arms, just to compare, and have happily noticed that they're firming up pretty nicely. However... My right arm has slightly less 'batwing' now than my left. This will eventually even out, right? Or since I'm right handed should I do some isolation lifts with my left arm to keep muscle development even?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Do some unilateral lifting too.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Oh, the goal is not to get bigger. My arms are already 13 1/2 inches around. I want them to be less squishy and more hard scary muscle like my Manbeast's.

just keep lifting, progress takes time.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I've no plans to quit lifting over this. Just wondering if the training should be modified or if things will even out. Guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens.
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Give it time and do some unilateral work. Which means if its a barbell exercise for your arms break it down to a dumbbell exercise, and either rep both arms at the same time or 1 then the other.