Whole30 Challenge Beginning August 1...who's in?

Options

Replies

• medialatina
    Options
    I'm in !! Did you start a group for this?
  • agentventi
    agentventi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!
    :wink:
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    How does Whole30 "restart" your metabolism? Pretty sure mine never stopped.

I guess, "re-program" would be a better phrase. Over the course of the thirty days, your body changes the preferred metabolic pathways in response to the changes in the foods you eat which in turn alter hormone levels which dictate energy storage. So rather than having excess glucose/insulin flooding your bloodstream like most people on a "Traditional healthy whole-grain" diet have, your body efficiently stores what it needs and utilizes the rest of energy. The book, It Starts With Food, goes more into the science aspect of this.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow, its sounds interesting and challenging... I AM IN !!!

Man this is gonna be hard because I love drinking milk and eating bread... But I look forward to the challenge.
  • FitHeatherEatsClean
    Options
    I'm in - I've been following a conventional eating plan for Cutting and it's time for a reset. Let me know what to do next - is there a Group on MFP? Or?
  • nancycsel
    nancycsel Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm going to do some reading on it... thanks for the info.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Schooley2
    Schooley2 Posts: 6
    Options
    My thoughts exactly! I wish I had someone to just put a plate infront of me when it's eating time that contained exactly what I needed. I think it would be much easier! :)

I don't know much about this challenge. Do I have to buy the book or can I find enough details online? I'm interested in doing this. :)
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    I am totally game to join this challenge. However, I can't get much of the information I need without purchasing something. Is there any way to get a list of foods that are acceptable or not? I am very much a person who fully commits, so I would want to know all the details. This definitely sounds like a positive thing for my body - committing to whole foods for 30 days.
  • rinkyg
    rinkyg Posts: 1
    Options
    I will do it!
  • kecarlto
    kecarlto Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    YES! I've been wanting to do a whole30 but have been putting it off. I'm already paleo (80/20ish) except for occasional alcohol, corn chips and making desserts "paleo-friendly" so I could use a push. Will start after vaca on the 6th. Stoked :happy:
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm up to day four of thirty and loving the challenge!

I was previously eating "Primal" for about a year (as I love cheese and cream and live on coke zero) so it hasn't been easy.
    Every day is a little easier though and I've never eaten so much fiber before and feeling good :)

Any feel free to add me always looking for like minded friends :)
  • livetothebeatYOLO
    Options
    Hey Cass.. with your prodding and me getting concerned about my diet again / maybe I am not doing something right.. i could try paleo again.. I just am not sure I want to cut out dairy completely again and may need a reminder constantly to eat spinach or some other leafy green.

I just wish I could be handed what I am going to eat instead of trying to figure it out all the time. Paleo has to be so predetermined and planned out. It's hard sometimes when I just want to grab something and go.

I am considering it. I will be on travel August 2nd coming home.. and on the west coast August 1st.. so I can try to eat well while eating out :P

Try the 30 Day Paleo intro from The Food Lovers Kitchen! I just got it, it's only $15 and it's a 30 day meal plan (including breakfast lunch and dinner) WITH weekly shoppings lists. I got it as that extra push for me to commit to Primal/Paleo full time!
  • kecarlto
    kecarlto Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am totally game to join this challenge. However, I can't get much of the information I need without purchasing something. Is there any way to get a list of foods that are acceptable or not? I am very much a person who fully commits, so I would want to know all the details. This definitely sounds like a positive thing for my body - committing to whole foods for 30 days.

Check this link out from nom nom paleo

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/2982384246/whole30-day-by-day-updated-1-31-12-hey-i

She documented each day and took pictures of everything she ate when she completed a whole30. There are also tons of recipes on her site that are free. Good luck everyone!
  • jodester13
    jodester13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the primal/paleo anyway - so I'm in - modified.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I have added everyone who gave me a solid "I'm in" if you did not recieve a group invitation then please send me a personal message!

Thanks!

Also, for those wanting more info, I have read the book and will provide a more specific "guide." If you want to know the WHY behind this plan then you should get the book---its a great read! Plus, the forums on the whole30 site is full of knowledge from lots of people!
  • CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 7 and feel fantastic. August 1st would be my day 11. I would love to join and reciprocally support :)
  • RGroenland
    RGroenland Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If it isn't too late I am in :)
  • LizaArg
    LizaArg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'd like to give this a go too. I ordered the book and scored the Whole 30 website. Aggie, I emailed you about adding me, etc. The biggest challenge for me will be making meals interesting enough and not cheating with brown rice, ice cream or red wine!

Cheers,
    Liza
  • LKaye3626
    LKaye3626 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I will like to do this!!! Add me please