Am I doing this right???

Options
Hi all I have started here a few times & then I give up cuz I never seem to get it right so this time I'm gonna ask. I have figured my BMR to be 1545 & my TDEE to be 2281 so does that mean I should be eating around 1900 calories??? My personal trainer at the gym has me aiming for 1450 calories a day I am so confused. Can someone please help??

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm lazier than you? When I logged in I just entered my weight, height, sex, age, and activity level and it spit out a calorie calculation.

Now that I've been on a while I can see it's 490 calories/day below my TDEE, which makes sense for 1 lb a week.

I believe that this number varies somewhat depending how much you have to lose and certainly how fast.

If I was paying a trainer, I'd stick with his number and input this into MFP and use this site to keep track of your diet and exercise. You can do that by changing your settings.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    If your TDEE is a correct calculation:

2281-500=1781 calories to lose a pound a week
    2281-250=2031 calories to lose half a pound a week

That is, IF your TDEE is accurate. I find that most calculators way overestimate. You have to do some trial and error if you're going to do it this way. I recommend just letting MFP do it for you.