My Fit Foods - question

GoMizzou99
GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
I think My Fit Foods are only in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California...

Anyone else using My Fit Foods as part of their weight loss or maintenance program? What is your experience with them?

Replies

• SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Granted, I've never actually eaten one but there's one across from my college campus. I think it would probably be a good alternative to going to a fast food restaurant for a quick meal, but I've always believed that nothing can be better than a home cooked meal. Also I've heard from friends that the meals can be pretty hit or miss as far as taste is concerned.
  • meangreen11
    meangreen11 Posts: 42 Member
    I am about 30 minutes from the nearest My Fit Food store in North Texas and try to make it during the weekend to buy my lunches for the next week. We also always buy the Killah Chili in large for hubby and I to have one night during the week. I would use them even more if they were closer.

I tried the breakfasts, but I didn't care for their taste. Would rather do my yogurt/banana, egg beater/turkey bacon or oatmeal on my own.

I think the lunches are fabulous. There are a few I don't care for, but I only need 3-5 each week (depending on my appointment schedule at work) so there is enough to make it work for me. I like the fact that I get a low-cal, balanced, preservative free meal without planning or thinking. To the other poster, they DO taste like HOME COOKING!

The ones I LOVE are the Killah Chili, Brian's Fit Enchildas and the Spicy Shrimp. Others I eat regularly are the turkey meatloaf, the wraps (chicken or turkey) and the simple chicken. Their tenderloin is to DIE FOR, but too heavy for lunch (it is on their dinner menu. They also sell some of their meats in family-size for a larger group which I will consider if we have a small dinner at my home with family.

Something I learned just recently...they give you FREE LEMONS! This weekend I got FOUR. Nice bonus.

I am 50+ with little to loose. I have lost each week on MFP, but my larger losses were the weeks I had My Fit Foods in the frig at work!
  • audinphx
    audinphx Posts: 10 Member
    They just opened one near me in Phoenix, I was wondering the same thing. Has anyone done the 21 day challenge? Or even just eaten the food regularly? What did you think?
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    I have been doing My Fit Foods (in combination with Zumba) for 90+ days now and have lost 33 lbs- I LOVE it! The 21 day challenge was great because they choose the food for you. During that time I figured what I did (and did not) like. Now I go pick out the meals that I really like. It's working for me so I'm sticking with it until it doesn't work or until I reach my goal.

953203.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • xmandadollx
    xmandadollx Posts: 69 Member
    My Fit Foods just opened in Tulsa and I am in love! I work six days a week and go to school full time, so it is either fast food or lean cuisines in my diet. This is a great solution for getting the nutrients I need on the go. So far, I have tried the fruit and cottage cheese, the salmon and veggies dinner, the breakfast tacos, the veg out, the USA parfait, and the perfect patty with apples. The only thing that I have disliked was the parfait. The yogurt tasted like sour cream to me and it didn't sit well. Everything else has been delicious and so refreshing. It has been a few days and I already feel better. I am far less sluggish and in a better mood. Good luck to everyone and keep me posted on progress. I will probably do the 21 day challenge.