Beer Gut Be Gone

Options
Just wondering if anyone out there had some tips to get rid of the good ole beer gut. I have been doing a lot of medicine ball sit ups, swimming , hard core cardio excercises like running stairs and playing a lot of tennis but still don't see a dramatic decrease in my gut. I have cut out all the sodas but still have maybe 1 1/2 glasses of sweet tea a day. I have even tried taking Tribulus (testostorone boosters) to help but no help. Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump, my man is wondering the same thing... he's sitting next to me... would love some insight, i'm surprised there isn't a board on this already
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit + patience.
  • vtachycardia
    Options

No quick fix now, NOW I TELLS YA. Give me the Magic Bullet. I have spent 25 years developing my beer gut* and now I want it gone, NOW.

Oh wait, you are right. And lots of nice total body workouts because for the millionth, trillionth time on this web site - YOU CANNOT SPOT FAT REDUCE and doing a billion crunches is going to do nothing but screw your spine up.

Ta Ta For Now

* My gut got to 62 inches, at a gentle pace of losing 2 years to be exact (I could have gone faster) it is now 44 inches. Still not ideal, but you know.
  • Kandyhar
    Options

No quick fix now, NOW I TELLS YA. Give me the Magic Bullet. I have spent 25 years developing my beer gut* and now I want it gone, NOW.

Oh wait, you are right. And lots of nice total body workouts because for the millionth, trillionth time on this web site - YOU CANNOT SPOT FAT REDUCE and doing a billion crunches is going to do nothing but screw your spine up.

Ta Ta For Now

* My gut got to 62 inches, at a gentle pace of losing 2 years to be exact (I could have gone faster) it is now 44 inches. Still not ideal, but you know.

You sound a little manic. You ok? No one said anything about spot reducing, it was just a question hoping to get a suggested diet plan, a consensus on if he should go low-carb, cut out wheat, etc etc... I have seen many varying opinions on here. Yours isn't really one I value, your delivery sucked even if it was right.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I used to drink as many sodas as I wanted every week, and at least a 12 pack of Stella Artois a week...My disgusting gut hung over my pants and looked like I was pregnant with twin bowling balls, it was really, really gross.
    Dude, I just gave up sodas and beer cold turkey in October, it's been 11 months, and I still have a way to go.
    I know it sounds like a cliche, but every time I look in the mirror and I see a new cut where a round ball of blubber used to be, I realize I made the right choice. I don't miss those poisons one bit.

The bottom line is patience, but if you swap the sweet tea for regular tea, your journey would be much quicker. Before long you will convince yourself unsweet tea tastes great.
  • mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    For me it's all happening in the kitchen. We only shop on the outside ailes of the grocery store, nothing processed (except canned tuna, I guess). No Gluten, no sugar, NO SODA, nothing out of a box. Lots of veggies, fish, chicken breast. Also for me and this was the toughest - portion control. The size of your fist or the palm of your hand. This along with 30 to 60 minutes a day of hard exercise and time, you will see results . GO FOR IT

PS - When I drink alcohol its vodka with water only about 65 cal.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Substitute some Stevia/Truvia for the sugar that is in that sweet tea. If you are buying that sweet tea commercially, switch to whatever available unsweetened they have, they usually LOAD teas up with sugar. I love tea to death and am not a huge fan of it without sweetness, but sugar/liquid calories are such a killer because they are not a filler in the least.

I would suggest adding some resistance exercises to your routine too. Resistance training has been shown to boost resting metabolism over a much longer duration of time (likely due to the body's need to repair the muscle) than cardio exercises alone. Plus, any muscle you might add on will further increase your base caloric needs, making it easier to eat at a caloric deficit.

Most importantly though.. diet, diet, diet. And NOT fad diet. Those are built for short term success and ultimately long term failure. Find something you can do indefinitely that is healthy, have a snack/"bad" item once in a while, and stick with it. With time and patience the beer gut can be cut!
  • vtachycardia
    Options

Ta Ta For Now

You sound a little manic. You ok? No one said anything about spot reducing, it was just a question hoping to get a suggested diet plan, a consensus on if he should go low-carb, cut out wheat, etc etc... I have seen many varying opinions on here. Yours isn't really one I value, your delivery sucked even if it was right.

No it wasn't, it was the same question - belly fat, beer gut what exercises - testosterone usage - yup, it was a question all about the diet. Did you read the OP?
  • Kandyhar
    Options
    The OP posted that months ago. I'm the one who restarted the topic.