Saunas

Options
I just joined a gym and it has what I believe to be a dry and wet sauna and a steam room. Could someone explain their purpose, if there is any beyond relaxation? Thanks!

Replies

• tmuster
    tmuster Posts: 72
    Options
    They are there to help relax . I am addicted to going into the steam room because after a good workout its nice to get that head for your muscles. Also good to go in for a spell before your workout and stretch to loosen you up. Steam room is also great if your having allergy type issues.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I always loved what the sauna did for my skin (clears those pores right out). Alas, i don't have access to one at the time.
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I love to stretch in the sauna after my workouts. It just relaxes me and feels good.
  • AmygdalaMarie
    AmygdalaMarie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It seems so tiny in there to stretch! :)

Someone once told me sitting in one can help you stop sweating (sometimes I'm still sweating after my shower and I'm always in a rush to workout and get ready before work). I can't remember which type nor do I know if it's true...
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Dry Sauna's primarily are there to help you sweat off extra water. They do help to clear out the pores. I also love it for stretching.