Me vs My Sitter in Law

Options
I have been working out for 5 months and I have lost 14lbs so far my start weight was 170lbs. That's puts me only 26lbs from where I would like to be. My sitter in law was much bigger then me her start weight was 230lbs, but she had stomach stapled so in 5months now she weights the same as my start weight and she keep posting pics of herself on facebook every month to show everyone how much weight she has lost. I know that I should be happy for her and I am but seeing a new pic every month and seeing her new weight every other week is really starting to make unhappy with the results that I am getting, by working out and eating right. I don't really know what to do. It makes me want to just give up b/c its not happening for me. Dose anyone else have something simillar to this happen to them, or any addive for me and what I should do?

Replies

• bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion is don't make it a competition. While it is wonderful your SIL is losing so fast, it was by artificial means which you simply can't compete with. I would think it will become more difficult for as she gets closer to her ideal weight. Even if it doesn't, just keep doing what you are doing.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You have to remember that she had her stomach stapled, if she didn't would she have lost all that weight as fast? Both of you are dealing with different situations, don't compare yourself with her and keep doing what you are doing. 14 lbs in 5 mos is pretty good!
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hide her FB feed so you don't see the constant reminders...