scale?

Options
Any scale recommendations? We have an old one and I don't feel like it's giving me accurate readings.

Thanks!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have a WW brand scale - it seems very accurate. My last one would give a different weight every time I stepped on - even if I stepped on, then off and right back on it would be a difference of several pounds!
  • rsprue2
    rsprue2 Posts: 2
    Options
    you could check amazon, their review system makes deciding between products very easy
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    Yes! I have this one and liked it so much, most of my friends have it now, too. Tracks weight/body fat/water/muscle, highly recommend.

http://astore.amazon.com/giveafit03-20/detail/B004L6NTHU
  • EnterFitness
    Options
    I have a WW brand scale - it seems very accurate. My last one would give a different weight every time I stepped on - even if I stepped on, then off and right back on it would be a difference of several pounds!

Most digital scales behave this way. I have 3 in the house and each of them tell me a different weight than the other. In addition, true to each of them, when I get on one scale and note the weight, get off and back on again, the weight is changed, and the third time may also change. Each scale acts that way.

So, I use the newest one. This one will sometimes remember the previous weight and give that back at you the next day, or later that same day. I know the weight would change going from shoes, fully clothed; jeans and top and including wearing a 2-ounce bra. I take those things off and get nekid and I still weigh the same.

So I figured out that the scale remembers it's last weight and it just needs a kick in the *kitten* -- I have a can of paint in the bathroom (painting the bathroom) so I grab that can and weigh again. The weight will change because the paint can is about 4-lbs. THEN I put the can down, get back on the scale and voila -- I'm down a few ounces or 1, and even sometimes 2-lbs. To confirm that, I get on and off 3-times and each time I weigh the same.

Crazy stuff and digital scales are crazy. I try not to weight myself until I find a drastic change in clothing fit. But at the same time, I can't stand not knowing so I weigh each day.