Is it true?

Options
1235»

Replies

• TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My grampa was fond of telling me I had better eat this or do that, because "it will put hair on your chest". Thank goodness he was wrong!

When we misbehaved, my folks threatened to put us BACK under the cabbage leaf where they found us. :noway:

If we didn't like something that was made for us for dinner, we were told to eat it, because "there are starving kids in China who would LOVE to have what you're having for dinner." Well...why don't we send this stuff to THEM, then? :huh:
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    When I was about 5, My sister and I were listening to the Beatles song "8 days a week" and I asked her, but arent there 7 days in the week, and she informed me that in the UK there were 8 days in the week. I believed that to be true until I was like, 13. LOL
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    "Don't swallow your bubble gum or your bum will stick shut and you won't be able to poop."

Thanks, Grandpa. :-) R.I.P

LOL!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My dad always used to say he "had to walk two miles, uphill and downhill, to school everyday, then back again!" I finally realized it wasn't possible but then recently moved to a town where you really do have to walk uphill AND downhill to get to school, lmao!
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Don't drink coffee because it will put hair on your chest!

My sisters and I loved to eat raw potatoes and we could beg my Mom to let us have some when she was cooking. She would give each of us one piece and tell us that anymore than that would put worms in our stomach.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Not a myth or anything but i thought cats where girls and dogs where boys until i was like 14 lol

Lol, I believed this for years also.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    If you swallow gum it will travel to your heart and strangle it! I'm almost embarrased to say my grandmother said that.:noway:
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Put "want" in one hand and "*kitten*" in the other, and see which fills first.

My childhood favorite, my children will pass this one on to their own, I'm sure.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    If you look into the sun you can take your teeth out.

I was so envious that my grandpa could take his teeth out. I tried very very hard for a very very long time (with no luck, might I add)! I still chuckle at the memory!

Absolutely priceless! :laugh:

Don't sit so close to the tv--you'll get a brain tumor from the radiation! This was in the early to mid 1960s.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    'If you keep eating cat biscuits you'll grow a tail' I know I was a strange child...but they were so good! :sad:

I agree, except the ones I ate were for dogs! I was 12.
  • Shepink
    Shepink Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Coffee makes you black.

This was used to discourage us from having momma's coffee. When the grandkids came along she started making them hot chocolate...imagine that. We never had hot chocolate and we lived in Cleveland.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    If you cross your eyes they will stay that way.
    also
    If you sit too close to the TV you may go blind.

Yeah, I heard one about going blind but it wasn't from sitting too close to the tv