The weather be changing...... Brrrrrr! :grumble:

I got sooooo cold last night eating romaine lettuce
leaves rolled up with hummus & turkey slices. :cry:

What hot food you guyz got cooking??? :love:

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I'm making beef stew in my slow cooker. I use tomatoes and tomato juice instead of making a gravy base, it's yummy and healthier!
  • quinnybear
    Options
    crockpot chili

1/2 lb ground turkey breast (i cook it before adding it to the crockpot)
    1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans
    1 (15 oz) can pinto beans
    1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
    1.5-2 cups chicken broth
    1 red bell pepper diced
    1 green bell pepper diced
    1 yellow onion diced
    2 cloves garlic chopped
    1 package spicy chili mix (mccormick i think)

add all to crockpot, stir, cook on low about 8 hours
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That sounds so yummy, minus the onions and peppers lol!! I think I will try that tomorrow!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Progresso Lite soups - all of them are less than 100 calories per cup!!!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    That sounds so yummy, minus the onions and peppers lol!! I think I will try that tomorrow!

Yes! Turkey chili pot sounds good & EASY!

I will add MORE onions though...... :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:

Thanks everybody! :flowerforyou:
  • emkay617
    Options
    grilled cheese :) MMMmmmMMM
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    We're (hubby is) grillin steaks tonight! Sweet potatoes, broccoli, and salad. Yum Yum I :heart: sweet potatoes! We had pot roast the night before last. I just put a roast and any and all kind of veggies I have, cover with water, add LOTS of pepper, chopped garlic and some cumin and cook all day. No broth necessary and cuts out tons of sodium! Last night I made a casserole that was nice and hot. I boiled 4 small chicken breasts (add garlic or any seasonings to the water while you boil the chicken!) 2 bags (boil in bag) brown rice, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, spinach all chopped up all mixed together with the chicken, spread into casserole dish, sprinkle with mozz cheese and bake until hot. It was good! OH! Lots of pepper and garlic powder in that too!:tongue:
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    I received this recipe from a fellow camper while camping last fall, it's quick and easy to put together to get the chill off. I'm not sure of the calories, but it can't be much.

I have made it several times for the hubby and kids, they like it. I usually serve it with grilled cheese sandwiches.

Rice and Chicken Soup

1 Can of Cream of Mushroom soup
    Large can of chicken - (I buy Kroger brand)
    1 cup of rice
    2 cans of water

Mix soup, 2 cans of water, and chicken ( with juice from can). I stir this around a bit to loosen up the chicken hunks. Bring to a boil, add cup of rice and cover. Set aside for 5 minutes.
    ** I do add salt and pepper, so season to taste.
    ** Left over chicken will work too.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    For me is broccoli and cheddar soup, beef and vegetable stew, chicken and cauliflower soup, chili with no beans.
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking alot of hot green tea after i eat, really finishes filling me up and warms be up!!
  • clk238
    clk238 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Google "the Cabbage Soup Diet". I'm not saying the diet itself is good, but if you take the cabbage soup recipie and modify it (I add more spices, and some beans and boiled chicken breast for lean protein) then it's actually really good. You can modify it however you want, I add more onions and stewed tomatoes b/c i like those...

also it is super-low cal, AND packed with fiber... i think without my added beans and chicken it would be less then 200 cals for a huge bowl, it's basically all veggies and broth.

i made a big batch and froze it. I have it for lunch or dinner a few times a week.

Also homemade onion soup is good if you don't make it with butter, oil, or cheese and bread (haha i love onions!)