Heart Monitor

Options
porrasc
porrasc Posts: 23 Member
I am looking into getting an affordable heart monitor, that I can use for my steps/exercise calories.

Could someone please point me in a good direction. Thanks!

Replies

• LauraRN88
    LauraRN88 Posts: 46
    Options
    try doing a forum search and you'll get loads of topics!
    I just purchased a polar ft7 which seems to be a popular one on here.
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 too, and love it. Lots of people have the FT4 which is a few dollars less and it sounds good, too.
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 too, and love it. Lots of people have the FT4 which is a few dollars less and it sounds good, too.

I have the polar FT4 and have been extremely happy with it!
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 or FT7 seem very popular on the forums!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Both great entry-level devices. However, their downfall is you can't enter your personal maximum heart rate into either FT4 or FT7, so I guess it works from a national average or something.

The FT40 does allow you to enter a personal max heart rate, which means your calorie readings should be more accurate for a few dollars more - I found mine on eBay. Lot's of used ones in great condition on there.

Hope this helps.
  • Metermandj
    Options
    I have tried many different ones in the past but I am really happy with the Wahoo bluetooth HRM that I pair with the Runmeter app on my IPAD.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4. It is affordable, not to fancy, and works great! The chest strap was so comfortable that I'd often wear it to work all day and didn't even notice.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Both great entry-level devices. However, their downfall is you can't enter your personal maximum heart rate into either FT4 or FT7, so I guess it works from a national average or something.

The FT40 does allow you to enter a personal max heart rate, which means your calorie readings should be more accurate for a few dollars more - I found mine on eBay. Lot's of used ones in great condition on there.

Hope this helps.

That's not correct about the FT7 (don't know about the FT4). I use the FT7 and there is a setting to enter/adjust your personal heart rate upper limit.
    I'm very pleased with the FT7. Simple to use and reliable. Have a look on Amazon for prices.
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Do you have a smartphone? You can get the Polar H7 or Wahoo bluetooth straps that turn it into a HRM