Reached goal, now what?

Options
Hello there, I have reached my goal a few weeks back, but when I switched my goal to maintain, I started gaining weight again. not fast but about 2 pounds per week.... Should I just under shoot the calorie count given or should I continue with the calories given for a loosing weight count. I rather not loose any more weight. I do exercise daily, I just can not stop been active now, I have always done some type of exercise. MFP helped me greatly with my diet.

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Replies

• thoeting
    thoeting Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am getting very close to my goal weight and have had some talks about maintanance with my nutritionist and my trainer.

Here is the ugly truth. When I weigh 140, I will have to eat about 300 calories LESS than someone who has always been 140. The body will always, always want to go back up and regain. Always.

My calorie will be allowed to go up about 200 more than they are now, which is next to nothing - a piece of bread, a slice of cheese, that's about all I'll get.

The option? regain, and then relose? Nope, I make the choice to simply accept this is my new lifestyle for the next 40 years.

It's not pretty, but it's the way it is.

Namaste
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    tone tone tone!
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    This is strictly my own opinion, but I would try going back to your "Weight Loss" calories, and then slowly increasing your goal by about 100 calories, adding more every two weeks (assuming you are still losing, or don't see a gain) until you find a level that works for maintaining your goal weight.

I suppose your could also increase your activity level.
  • Chrisinho
    Options
    Thank you for your responses. Increasing calorie intake and remaining at a weight loss of a 1/2 a pound a week is working. I'm not eating my calories burned from any workout. so far I have not loss or gain anything. :)

16818039.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter