Speaking of protein powders which kind do you have?

Options
2»

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I prefer Optimum Nutrition and most the time I drink the double chocolate..... Amazon has just about the best prices that I have found or www.bodybuilding.com. Best of Luck....... Mixes just fine with water but I still prefer 1% Milk......
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Iso Sensation 93 because it has a good protein percentage 94% and not too bad at $60 for a 5lb tub. However when I'm being a cheapo then I buy Six Star Pro Nutrition Whey Isolate Elite Series from Walmart which has a surprisingly respectable 82% protein percentage.

One thing that shocked me when first researching proteins is how much filler even the pricey brands put in their powders. Some of the big names PP's are in the 70% range...which is horrid.

edited: to make sense lol
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    A lovely MFP'er recommend MyProtein for shakes and I ordered 1KG of Cookies & Cream - Impact Whey and it is sweet but lovely. I started taking one a day (just to get my system used to it) but now take two.

If you're in the UK I would definitely recommend myprotein.com :)
  • bhayes82
    bhayes82 Posts: 37
    Options
    A few more notes: Being that protein powder is a supplement, not a food, manufacturers can make any claims they want about their product. There's no regulation. Be wary -- other than the manufacturers, nobody knows how much protein is actually in these powders.

One of my buddies on Reddit works in a lab, and did a sample of several popular brands. You can find the results here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/uva9t/big_reddit_protein_powder_measurement_results/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=feed
    American Pure Whey is a joke of a product, obviously. For big-store brands, Body Fortress and Trader Joe's are really lousy performers. Less than 50% protein? C'mon.