Arms help!!

Options
I am not over weight but looking to sculpt my arms, I tend to hold weight in them....how often should I work the muscles, how much weight, lots of reps or less reps with more weight??

Replies

• wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    i use 3 pound weights through all of my walking DVD;s and also when I am on the treadmill. Everyone brags on my arms
  • sjlockyer912
    Options
    What is a walking DVD exactly?? And do you just do biceps while you walk?
  • icculus19
    icculus19 Posts: 39
    Options
    if you want your "arms" cut up you will want to do lite to mmedium weight 5-8 sets and anywhere from 15-20 reps. the goal is to get a good pump. i do arms 3 days a week. for biceps i do 5-6 sets of any where from 12-15 reps of preacher curls and weight between 70-80lbs. one day a week i will do 3 sets of breakdowns. 6reps at 100 10reps at 80 and 15reps at 60. for triceps i will do tricep pushdowns or over the head skull crushers or tricep kick backs. i will go heavier on the triceps. pushdowns 6 sets of 12 anywhere between 150 and 200 skull cruchers 6 sets of 15 at 130 and kick backs 5 sets of 15 at 50-60lbs. again you want a good pump.

keep in mind that your bi and tri are relatively small muscles compared to the rest of your muscles and you are working them your bi and tri when you do chest shoulder and back. so really one exercise for your bi and tri is really all you need.

if you want huge arms with no real definition go heavy 4-8 reps and 8-10 sets.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Definition comes from size gain of the muscles and loss of fat surrounding them. If you are just looking for a little bit then a couple few isos for tris and bis for 3 sets of 8-12 with as much weight as it takes to be near failure along with getting your bf% low enough might do it. If you were really wanting to grow your arms then you would need to do it as part of growing your whole body.
  • sjlockyer912
    Options
    I attend cycle 5 days a week at the gym, do elliptical and run as well as weights in gym for legs and arms, and workout DVDs that include pushups squats lunges and light weights with high reps...just looking for ways to target the muscles of the arm and get the best results from my workouts..