DRINKING YOUR VEGGIES?

Options
I was just wondering how you all felt about supplementing V8 for veggies? I know that eating the actual vegetables is the best to do, but I find it sometimes hard for me...and a lot easer (for whatever reason) to down a can of v8. Do you think this is O.K? Or should I really try to eat the veggies?....

Replies

• kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    you should do both! :)

V8 is great, but it lacks fiber.
  • foreveryoung_2012
    Options
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Better than nothing, but not the optimal means of consuming vegetables since all of the fiber is gone.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Eat the veggies you like and hide the rest in other foods. Spinach, kale & chard are pretty tasteless and can be thrown into a smoothie with some darker fruits like blueberries or cherries and you will never see or taste them. I use to hide all kinds of veggie from my kids by using a food processor to grate them down to almost nothing and slipping them into their dinners
  • sfranco1021
    Options
    Have you tried making your own veggie drinks? try throwing some veggies and fruits in a blender, my wife and I have tried this and they taste good. We actually felt more energetic through the day after drinking a veggie shake. We actually use the Montel Williams Juicer, but a regular blender will do. Here are some recipes if you like the idea.
    http://zestycook.com/the-power-of-juice-juicer-recipes/
  • michellematteson
    Options
    I was drinking V8 Fusion for awhile to give me something to drink with my meals that was not soda or milk. I have gotten to the point that I drink only water (with the occasional soda) and leave the calories for just food. Be careful though. The V8 Smoothies contain high fructose corn syrup, while V8 Fusion and the regular V8 just have fruits and veggies.
  • JPenny12
    JPenny12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    V8 lacks fibre and is high in sodium. Definitely vegetables are a better choice.
  • reesh2652
    reesh2652 Posts: 24
    Options
    LOVING this idea. plus- will give me an excuse to use the blender. lol. thanks!