should I start taking casein protein?

Options
Guys, I am really newbie and need some advice from all of you. Been feeling so hungry wake up each morning these days, I don't feel this kind of hunger few months back. My did take my dinner as usual but just feel the different these day.

So was thinking should I take some casein protein before bed? Please give me some advice.

Thanks

Vinny

Replies

• CoachJake83
    CoachJake83 Posts: 108
    Options
    You don't need to supplement. It's recommended to have a big hearty meal 3 hours prior to bed, but balanced in all 3 macronutrients. For carbs you want to shoot for low glycemic, and make sure you have a generous helping of veggies to clean you out. Healthy fats will help with your digestion.

It's OK to go to bed a little hungry. That means all your insulin is clear and will allow your growth hormones to flourish while you sleep. =D

Try that first. If it's still pretty bad, get some plain greek yogurt and maybe add a small amount of fruit to it and have that before bed. Greek yogurt is filling and low calorie for how much you can eat, same with strawberries so that's a good combo. Make sure you're eating the right amount of calories throughout your day and getting 8 hours of rest! (that regulates your hunger hormones!)

Keep me posted on your progress.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    My friend did that as his personal trainer suggested and he was happy with no late night cravings.

Similarly, I had around half a pound of lor cheese (similar to cottage, 19 grams of protein for 100 grams) 5 hours ago and I still have a brick in my stomach, past 4 am.